I'm nervous help!! - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm nervous help!! I'm nervous help!!

Unread 12-09-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm nervous help!!

Hey, Nessaw36!
Didn't see your message last night, but this am...I have also had teary moments. I am in New England, and it's just beginning to snow here, so we'll be OK getting there. I am going to a surgical center not a hospital, and staying in a "medical hotel". Not a full service hospital, but it has a full medical staff. Should be an interesting experience.
I'm thinking of you and all the others, as well, who are going today!
Dodi
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2005, 05:08 PM
I'm nervous help!!

I'm back home!!! My TAH was on Friday and I got a call that morning at 7:00am wanting me or asking me if we can come in as soon as possible because a procedure was cancelled. So we got to the hospital at around 8 and they took me back and I got to see my husband before I went to the holding room. So it was very emoitional saying "see you later" to him. Then I talked with the anesthesiologist and he really got me feeling good by putting something in my iv that made me feel gitting. Then my doctor came in and I remember talking with him, but not sure what about and that was it, I remember waking up feeling really bad cramps and then I was out again. Then I woke up in my room around my family. So it wasn't bad at all. I'm really sore now, so I thought I would take the chance and get on line for a little while. I wanted to ask if anyone had really really really bad gas!!!??? I'm dealing with that now. The gas pains are worse then the surgery. I also hurt when I cough, but I'm keeping my pillows around me at all time. I wish you all the best and luvlabs, I would love to know who things went with you. Take care all and I God bless
Unread 12-12-2005, 06:08 PM
Hi

I was supposed to have my surgery on Dec. 19th. I was not able to as insurance wanted me to pay some huge horribly large amount.(Thousands) My husbands employer found out and got new insurance. Now I have to wait till Feb. I am so sick of being sick. That if this helps me feel better I cant wait. Im not a newbie to surgery though. Ive had going on 6 or 7 since I was 21 years old. My best advice is just take it slow. You know your body better than anyone. Go when you are ready. All them doctors and meds. work out when the time is right. Dont worry if Ive been through so many and cant wait for my next then you should have no problems.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-12-2005, 06:46 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Hey, Nessaw36!
So glad you were able to go in earlier, and didn't have to "stew" on Friday! And I'm glad things went so well for you! Things went really well for me, too...went in at 6 Friday morning and was out of the OR by 10--procedure took 2 1/2 hours. I remember going into the OR, getting on the table, and the anesthesiologist said he was going to give me a "nice cocktail"...I saw the ceiling tiles start moving around and next I knew I was in the recovery room with the nurse saying "take deep breaths"!
Postop has been smooth so far...demerol pain pump kept the pain in check for the first day, then percocet. I also had gas pains but found walking to help with that a LOT. Do those laps! The pain is sharp, but it hurts less when there's less to pass. I am staying away from foods known to give me gas and taking stool softeners as well.
I came home yesterday, and today took only Tylenol for incision pain. Gas pains seem to be pretty much gone, and although the tylenol doesn't work 100%, it reduces the pain to something quite tolerable. I hate the way the Percocet makes me feel, but I might take 1/2 of one tonight to sleep.
The anticipation was MUCH worse than the actual experience, wasn't it? I am glad we're done now, and all we have to concentrate on is regaining our strength and our quality of life!
Looking forward to hearing how things go with you as we princesses heal!
Unread 12-13-2005, 03:26 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Hey luvlabs, I'm glad things are going smoothly for you. I'm still feeling some what sore, which is expected and I'm taking motrin 600mg for the pain, which, I seem to only take twice a day, which is better then one every 4 hours. I had a bad experience with the percocet. I have problems swallowing large pills, always have, but when I was in the hospital, I didn't seem to have any problems. Well yesterday, I got up with the help of my husband and mom and was getting ready to take a shower and I decided to take a percocet before my shower. I went to swallow and it got stuck in my throat. Oh my goodness, I couldn't believe it!! I couldn't swallow it, I don't care how much I had to drink. Then all of a sudden I start to vomit, which wasn't fun at all with the incision. I was vomitting and holding my stomach at the same time until it came up. Thank God. So now when I take it, I will mash it up and take it that way (yulk) I'm feeling better then before with the gas pains, and is able to pass it now. I'm walking as much as I can and sitting up. I have to see my doctor tomorrow at 2:45. He want to check everything out, to make sure I'm doing well. I'm not returning back to work until Feb. 6th (yeah). I do have to say as well that the wait was the worst and I'm glad it's all over with. I didn't think about taking a stool softener, but I will tonight. Yes we can now concerntrate on healing and getting ourselves back to normal. Many hugs to you as well. And I look forward to hearing about your recovery as well.
Unread 12-13-2005, 07:35 PM
I'm nervous help!!

Hey, Nessaw36! Glad you made it to the other side!
I noticed you're from my neck of the woods--I live about 60 miles north of you.
Hope you improve every day!
Rest, rest, rest.
Happy Holidays.
s
Unread 12-14-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm nervous help!!

I've had major surgery before and one thing I can say is when you start to go to sleep don't fight it. just think of something that makes you happy and know that it's like getting really sleepy, closing your eyes for a minute, and the next thing ya know some silly anesthesiologist is telling you that surgery is done and you are fine.
you'll be very sore when you wake up, and your throat will be scratchy- that's normal. you will be made to cough and deep breathe to keep you from getting pneumonia- take a big soft stuffed teddy bear to splint your tummy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register