Climara Patch questions. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Climara Patch questions. Climara Patch questions.

Unread 12-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Climara Patch questions.

Hi,
For those in the know...I have a couple of questions about the Climara Patch. (mine is 0.1 mg/day, change every 7 days).
First I'd like to start off by saying that I feel great on this patch, but I do have a couple of symptoms, and wonder if others have had the same, and what did you do about it.
1. tender breasts (not horrible, but always tender)
2. large acne on neck and chest (not lots of them, but the ones that are there are really honkers!)
I really hate to change anything, but does this sound like something to worry about? I have no hot flashes , and my moods are fine, no depression. (had trouble with that for yrs before hyst).
Should I mess with this?
Thanks for any advice!
s,
LL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2005, 12:24 PM
Climara Patch questions.

I just went on the Climara patch 8 days ago. When I first started, I had a running headache for about 4-5 days. When that finally stopped, so did my hot flashes and night sweats! It's working great for me. No zits, no tender breasts.
Unread 12-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Climara Patch questions.

I've been on Climara .05 since my hyst almost 18 months ago. You should let your doctor know about the symptoms you described. You could be getting too much estrogen and your dosage might need adjusting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-06-2005, 08:02 PM
Climara Patch questions.

I am on the same dosage Climara patch as you are --0.1. I had a few minor symptoms like yours for the first week, except I had no acne...they ended quickly. Haven't had a hot flash since I started on it. Check with your doctor about your side effects.

isewquilts
Unread 12-07-2005, 06:49 AM
Climara Patch questions.

I had my surgery in may but then 6 mos later had to remove the ovaries , well hello menopause.But anyway my doc perscribed a patch changing twice a week called vivelle dot 0.5 The only thing i keep exsperinceing is headaches but other than that no hot flashes etc . My doc says he has had better results from the patch u change twice a week and no affects of acne with this one ......best of luck to all with this ongoing learning process weve been thrown into....lol
Unread 12-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Climara Patch questions.

I was on the Climara patch to help control my hormonal migraines along with BC pills. They worked great, I did get some large painful under the skin acne like you described, then it went away.

Is anyone allergic to the patch, or the glue that attaches it? When I have mine on for a week-sometimes less, it gets all red and itchy.
Unread 12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Climara Patch questions.

I've been on climara since July and have had some of the same issues. My doc changed my RX to every 5 days and it has helped with the skin getting red and itchy. I won't change becasue it has helped my mood so much and i dont dare mess with it. I'm also on the .1 dose. My breast do get tender, but I had that problem before the TAH/BSO. Overall I'm happy with it, much better than the pills. I had mild acne before, it has calmed down since I've been on the patch but I do still get some.
Unread 12-07-2005, 05:09 PM
Climara Patch questions.

Thankyou, thankyou Ladies, for all your help!
I looked at all the things you gals have said, and I've decided, for now, to leave things alone. I'm hoping that like choco and tdehoff...the zits will go away. The tender breasts I had before too, but I thought would go away with surgery. Forgot about the HRT, duh.
My moods are great, and no hot flashes. If things get worse, I will see my dr. though!
Thanks for the advice s!
Any other additional info is always welcome.
s, LL

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register