next week I get measured up, ( for my gucci gown?) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

next week I get measured up,  ( for my gucci gown?) next week I get measured up, ( for my gucci gown?)

Unread 04-11-2001, 05:42 AM
next week I get measured up, ( for my gucci gown?)

Hi girls ,just thought I would let you know that I go to be measured up for the radiation treatment next Tuesday ( Mon. your time) I am still scared and really feel like I am starring in my own horror movie. I just dont want any of the side effects to happen. All of your prayers are giving me much hope and strength, thankyou x x I am trying so very hard to stay positive and today I visited my herbalist who has given me lots of tissue building things to help get the old body in tip top shape. Love to all of you x x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2001, 05:33 PM

Hey Robyn:

I've been thinking about you. I know you hate starting your treatments, but the sooner you start, the sooner they'll be behind you.

Keep posting.
Unread 04-11-2001, 05:38 PM

Hi Robyn :
Hugs ((((( )))))) hon.
You are sounding a little more positive about your treatments I think. Thats good!

They will be over before you know it. Remember to try the visualization techniques during them. Just close your eyes and picture those cells disinagrating (sp?) into thin air. Remember you said they are microscopic.....so I would think that would mean each treatment will zap alot of them at once. Then...each day you will know that there are fewer and fewer of them left to be zapped away into nothingness!!!

The good thing about radiation vs chemo is that radiation is a quick treatment, and you will be in and out quickly each day.
I pray you don't have any side affects with it as well.
Keeping you in my prayers.
M. xoxoxo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2001, 06:46 PM

Hi, {{{Robyn}}}!

I'm sure you do feel like you're starring in a horror movie. But the good news is, the star survives to the end and lives on to tell her story! The bad evil guys are are those wretched cells that are causing you all this grief and they are going to be permanently eliminated! A new twist to your visualization! If you get tired of the first one you've been working on, you have a back-up for entertainment!

Please don't think I'm making light of your situation--I'm trying to lighten this up for you a little. I'm so sorry you have to go through this. I'm glad you found an herbalist to work with. I think they have a lot to offer. Make sure your docs know what you're taking. Do you have a start date for your treatments?

My best always.
Unread 04-12-2001, 05:49 AM
thanks

Hi girls thanks so much. I just get a boost when i come online and see all of your posts. Jeanine , I just love your idea for vizualization. Always wanted to be the heroine , so i guess this is my chance . Big hugs to all of you x x x
Unread 04-12-2001, 02:49 PM

Robyn, you are a sweetie and I will continue to keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!!
Unread 04-12-2001, 05:15 PM

Robyn, Hang in there, Once you start it will be better as you won't have the fear of the unknown. As always you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 04-12-2001, 08:18 PM
Cancer Fatigue

herbalist? just make sure your doctor knows what you are taking so he can tell you if there are things you shouldn't be taking during radiation.

You'll get those wonderful tattoos. I always wanted a tatoo the only problem is I can't see them as they are on my butt. (and so very small - the tattoos not my butt).

I attended my first Cancer Support Group this past Tuesday. The topic during the meeting was fatigue. They are now recognizing a condition called Cancer Fatigue. This is experienced by almost 82% of cancer patients and can be brought on by the treatments (radiation or chemo) or just by the cancer. I wish I had known how common this was when I was experiencing it. Just sharing some new knowledge.

Take care. Keep up the good attitude.

p.s. speaking of gowns - I took home my gowns I wore during radiation treatment as sort of a trophy. I actually had to go to 2 hospitals for treatment - 1 for internal rad and 1 for external so I have 2 of them. The hospital for internal rad had much nicer gowns. Okay - I am weird.
Unread 04-14-2001, 06:45 AM
Robyn!

Jamie Lee Curtis starred in horror movies and look where it got her! Rich and famous! I would hold off on the screams, though, unless you visit the outback and encounter dingos!

{{{{{{{{{{Robyn}}}}}}}}}}}}

Always, always in my prayers! Just another one of those bumps in the road, my friend. Ok..its a BIG bump! So here are some BIG hugs!

{{{{{{{{{{{{BIG HUGS}}}}}}}}}}}}

kaatie
Unread 04-19-2001, 03:26 AM
Another Aussi thinking of you

Hi Robyn

I will be thinking of you over the coming days and weeks and praying that everything goes well for you. I can't imagine what you must be going through. This site is definitely the place to come though isn't it.

{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}

a fellow aussi

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register