Can't seem to get dose of HRT right...anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hormone Issues (HRT - No HRT) > No Uterus - No Ovaries - Yes HRT - Surgical Menopause

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Can't seem to get dose of HRT right...anyone else? Can't seem to get dose of HRT right...anyone else?

Unread 12-07-2005, 07:20 PM
Can't seem to get dose of HRT right...anyone else?

Hello all,
I would love some feedback from others who may be having some difficulty finding right HRT med type and dose to manage nightsweats. I originally was taking Climara 0.1mg patch but felt "drugged", dull emotionally and at times really anxious. So I talked to my doc who reluctantly agreed to change my med to the generic estradiol 1mg tab daily. That worked well for a a month or so but now the night sweats have returned. I tried adding an OTC progesterone cream but don't seem to feel any improvements. Has anyone else experienced the change in drug effects after a while of being on them? Did you have to increase the dose?
I really wanted off of the drugs altogether but my bone density test showed borderline normal for my lower spine. My doc didn't recommend stopping the HRT at this time due to that.
Thanks for your help!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-07-2005, 07:30 PM

I am also struggling with dosages and types of HRT. I tried the compounded creams (Bi-est/progesterone) and it didn't work for me. I am now using the Femring (0.05mg) along with a compounded pill (Bi-est 1mg/progesterone 200mg). I had a saliva test done and it showed my estrogen being a little low and my progesterone very low. I did talk my doctor into writing a script to have my Femring changed every 2 months instead of 3, as the instructions state. Now we'll just have to see if my insurance will pay a more frequent refill. I must admit, I really do like the Femring, however, I can feel when it is running out. The HRT I am on now is taking some time to kick in. I also started taking Wellbutrin for mild depression.
I have my good days & bad days....hoping things will get balanced SOON!!
Good luck to you in finding the right combo for you. It's not fun.
Unread 12-07-2005, 07:34 PM

Greenspaces,

I am with you on this and it is frustrating.

I had my TAH/BSo on 9/19/05. I have not been so mcuh bothered by the hot flashes as much as I miss my "old self". My memory is poor, my energy down and like you, feel that since losing my ovaries...I am "dull" emotionally-except when I have to cry. I dearly miss the big surge of energy I used to get before my period-but do not, for a moment...miss my period.

I discussed this with my Dr and he is going to draw a testosterone level in 2 weeks, this will be 3 months post-op. He seems to think the issue here is testosterone, not estrogen.

By the way, I am on a Vivelle Dot 0.075-this is a plant derived estridol patch.

Will be interested to see other posts here.

Hope you get to feeling better real soon

Sweet Pea
TAH w/BSO for giant fibriod uterus weighing 1238 gms. Endo w/adhesions to lower bowel resulting in unplanned BSO. Vertical incision.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2005, 10:15 AM

I know how you feel, well as much as another human can. If you read my thread, it's few posts above this, you will see how confused i am. One dose of estrogen makes me feel good and all is great, but gives me fibrocystic breasts? what to do?
vali

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register