that "time of the month" | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

that "time of the month" that "time of the month"

Unread 12-08-2005, 11:47 AM
that "time of the month"

I had a TVH, they took my cervix, but was able to keep my ovaries.
I've noticed over the last few days that I have all the pms symptoms, breast tenderness, bloating, ect.
Was able to finally put all the peices together and realized, ha ha I'm having my period!
and I'm up and about, which is something I couldn't do before during my period, because of all the cramps and bleeding that accompanied it.
Such a strange concept to realize it's that time of the month and no cramping, no bleeding, just all the other minor symptoms that come with it.
I celebrated with a dish of chocolate icecream, a cup of hot cocoa, and a celebration phone conversation with my mom!
I haven't been cramp free since I was 14! Having gone to the doctors for years complaining about cramps, feeling like everyone thought I was a wimp, but knowing that something wasn't right, and my cramps weren't like everyone elses.
Finally after I had my daughter, I was able to tell the doctors that I was 7 centimeters in labor before I felt like I was doing anything more than having my period, that is when they began taking me seriously.
Years of tests, and treatments followed (my daughter is 15 now) they finally exhausted all efforts and agreed a hysterectomy was the best alternative, I gleefully agreed,
especially after the many male doctors who would say "well you know, your uterus is the muscle that contracts and blah blah blah"... I would correct them and say "no, the uterus is the muscles that makes me want to kill doctors who say things like that" lol
It was shortly after that, my hysterectomy was schedualed lol, I still wonder if it's the threat that finally did it.
Either way, I just wanted to let you all know how wonderful it feels to have sore breasts, a bloated body, but NO CRAMPS!
I can easily deal with this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-08-2005, 12:09 PM
that "time of the month"

I haven't had my visiting friend for almost three years as of 1-10-03. It is wierd even now to not get that little visit. All my female friends that I work with come in complaining about the cramps and that kind of thing. I just tell them that I don't have that anymore. The all know why. Then they tell me what I can go do with myself. Apparently they envy me. I am glad that you love your new body. Enjoy it. Love penguin 2005
Unread 12-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Felt delighted

I am at day one of my 5th week po of TVH & bladder repair. I too had the same experience of pms symptoms at my usual time of the month and was surprised - felt delighted at the thought that the much dreaded and disabling periods would be no more. I am still struggling w/pain, still low energy/very tired from the surgery and still at home resting a lot. My friends & co-workers talk like they are jealous, as one is in the beginning stages of menopause, but honestly they have no idea what I went through for years to end up doing such a major surgery - I sympathize with them, but they have normal short periods, something I haven't had since I was a teenager. As for me, there will be no more 7-10 days of heavy bleeding passing massive blood clots that felt like giving birth and hemorraging, no more going through four outfits in one day - which always seemed to embarrassingly happen at :eyes: work. Thank goodness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2005, 10:46 AM
that "time of the month"

Congrats on being pain free.

My SIL still has her ovaries after her hyst and she knows when her periods would be. I, on the other hand, had my ovaries removed with my hyst, and I couldn't be happier. Besides all the pain, bloating, heavy bleeding, headaches, diarrhea, and the list goes on... I had the worst mood swings you could imagine. My dh is very happy that that doesn't happen any more. I am not on HRT, and so I am dealing with hot flashes, but I have had them for over 4 years now, so this is nothing new. My periods were coming every 2 1/2 weeks so I should have had about 4 since my hyst. Sure don't miss those.
Unread 12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
somewhat different

My period problems pretty much ended with puberty, except the cramps which practically went away after childbirth. That was one of the weird things about this operation for me. My uterus had only one problem: staying inside my body!

PMS is a way bigger issue for me. Too bad they don't have an operation for that!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register