Surgery Dec. 20th, I am looking for an idea of how I will feel Christmas day? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Dec. 20th, I am looking for an idea of how I will feel Christmas day? Surgery Dec. 20th, I am looking for an idea of how I will feel Christmas day?

Unread 12-09-2005, 09:19 PM
Surgery Dec. 20th, I am looking for an idea of how I will feel Christmas day?

I am having a LAVH along with an anterior and posterior repair on DECEMBER 20th - yes 5 days before Christmas.....I know, difficult time for surgery, but the Doc. wanted me in there asap. I am looking for people who have recently had their surgery and how they felt with in a week of surgery. I have 3 children and I don't want to ruin their Christmas. I know each person is different, however atleast I'll have some kind of clue.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2005, 10:08 PM

I have the same concerns as you do...my surgery is also Dec 20th. I am a Mom of 3 kids and I also don't want to ruin their Christmas. I was thinking of them opening most of their gifts on the 19th in case i don't make it home in time for Christmas.
Unread 12-10-2005, 12:16 AM

I had a TAH and I know it is different in healing but being only 5 days from your surgery. I would guess you will be sore, swollen and walking VERY slow, trying to get your bowels to work right and such.
The day will lift your spirits but don't think you can entertain guests...they need to entertain you....You will be a fresh Princess!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-10-2005, 01:29 AM
christmas day

I am told I will come home on Christmas Eve.
I have grown children and a DH who already treat me like a princess so despite soreness and sleeping alot Christmas day, I know I will be treated like a Queen!
Unread 12-10-2005, 03:09 AM

Plan on hogging the sofa - feet up and stretched out! Then be up and walking and drinking lots of water (your walk will be to the bathroom!) and back to the sofa! You might be feeling really great - but don't forget all those internal stitches.
How about a pre-done meal ordered from a deli ? They need to be picked up the day before. You won't want to be going anywhere.
You'll need to plan on napping - maybe several that day.
Remember not to lift anything heavy.
Just be Queen for the day!

TAH/BSO
Unread 12-10-2005, 03:31 AM

Hi

I had a TVH with A & P repairs done on Monday 28th November. I was in hospital for four days ( usual in the UK) and then home on the Thursday. I spent a couple of hours in bed in the morning and afternoon over the weekend but by the Monday ( one week on) I felt fairly good and was able to up and about for most of the day. A rest in the afternoon in bed was, however, my saviour!

I am sure that you will be feeling fine - just remember to let everyone else worry about the food and drink and plan just to sit on the sofa and open pressies with the kids and watch the TV. It doesn't matter if things are not done quite how you would like them to be done or as usual - everyone will just be delighted that you are there to share it with them.

Have a wonderful Christmas and please don't try and do too much - it really will pay off in the long run.
Unread 12-10-2005, 09:37 AM

Five days. Wow....it's hard to say, each person is so different. I think you'll be ok spending time with the family for a few hours. I had such pain and mental fog at that point, I didn't interact a whole lot!!

Take your pain meds, plenty of pillows and just prop yourself up on the couch. Let everyone else do all that needs to be done and just plan on being like a plant. There in body, not so much mind....LOL now that's easy for me to do
Unread 12-15-2005, 10:15 PM

Thank you to everyone that replied to my post. It seems to me that I will be able to join in the festivities just as long as I sit back and observe. This just may be the best Christmas EVER. I get to sit back and relax while everyone else does the busy work! HECK YEAH! I know the family will pamper me. Happy Holidays to everyone and I wish everyone a speedy recovery. 4 more days 'til surgery. PHEW!
Unread 12-16-2005, 07:54 AM

Hey ladies......just had my tvh on the 12th, and today I feel like a million bucks! Each day gets better! Everyone is different. Don't need any pain meds today. Don't worry, you do have to take it easy though, I'm not up to travel yet. I could.....but I don't want to push things. I want to heal good. But, people can see me at home, and that's ok. Good luck to all of you!!
Unread 12-16-2005, 08:41 AM

I think attitude has a lot to do with recovery. I had my TVH with suspension on Dec. 16, 2004 and by the 18th I was walking a mile twice a day. On Christmas day I helped set up the trampoline Santa brought the kids and I cooked a full Christmas meal for 10!

God bless you!
Angie K

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register