Lapro Hystro with anterior and postier repair | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lapro Hystro with anterior and postier repair Lapro Hystro with anterior and postier repair

Unread 12-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Lapro Hystro with anterior and postier repair

Hello all:

I am new to the group. I had surgery on November 23 and had a total hysto with an anterior and posterior repair. My husband is wanting to have sex and it has 18 days since my surgery. Should I give in to his begging or wait until the six weeks are up? Did any of you have sex before your six weeks were up?

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2005, 09:58 PM

Hi Dreamjen1,

I also had a lap hyst and my Dr. asked me to wait until 6 weeks to have sex. Looking back, I am glad I did.

We Hyster Sisters have ~one chance~ at a healthy post-op recovery. As you might have read and I have too on Hyster Sisters, the first 6 weeks are the most important for healing. Our internal parts are on the mend.

On the funny side, in my experience with my DH, the six week mark will not kill your DH. I have never heard of a hubby dying from lack of sex in post-op so I say, just remind him it is recovery-ahead-of-libido.

Best wishes,

Mary
Unread 12-11-2005, 10:23 PM

Please follow your Doctor's recomendations. Your husband will live...it is better to wait, then to cause more problems that may effect you longer and jeopardize your healing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-11-2005, 10:47 PM

HI dreamjen1,
Welcome to hystersisters! Please don't even consider giving into your dh on this one. You can undo your surgery! Especially since you had the repairs done too you could also be in for a painful experience. If you tear the vaginal cuff open you will open your abdominal cavity for 'everything' to invade your body and spread infection. This is very serious and shouldn't be messed with. Your dr has given this restriction for a very good reason.
If you want more information to share with your dh you can look at the article in the post op articles called Sex, do I really have to wait six weeks?
If he cares about you at all he won't suggest this again until he knows you are healed completely and there is no chance you will be hurt. I hope this won't be a problem for you. We just don't want to see you hurt or to have your recovery prolonged.

's, Rita
Unread 12-11-2005, 11:33 PM

I am with the others on this, please, please wait! I was in a relationship with BF for 7+ years. BF and I had amazing sex life, he complained, and talked me into it. BAD mistake! We did at 5 weeks, and it really hurt. DR was very unhappy with me and it increased my recovery time. seems like somebody gets upset either way, but you need to worry about you. Heal, Rest, Recover! There are other ways or like I was told he could take it into his own hands. You are less than 3 weeks out of major surgery and thats not long at all. Give yourself time. I'm sure your DH would agree that your health and healing are more important.
Unread 12-12-2005, 09:40 AM

I am 7 weeks post op and also had the anterior and posterior repair. Hubby and I just had intercourse for the first time last night it is was very painful for me. I can't imagine what it would have felt like at such an early date. At my post op appt I was told that I still had stitches as well, sometimes we are not even healed at six weeks. Please don't let him talk you into pushing your luck.
Unread 12-12-2005, 10:33 AM

He's a stinker for even trying to talk you into it. Shame on him. If you do it now, it may make your recovery even longer and delay things getting back to normal. Tell that boy to back off!
Have a good day.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register