The Waiting Is The Worst!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The Waiting Is The Worst!!! The Waiting Is The Worst!!!

Unread 12-13-2005, 08:43 AM
The Waiting Is The Worst!!!

I love this website. You ladies have made my waiting at least bearable. I know I have spent most of my time just "lurking", but trust me, I think I would be freaking out even more if I could not be "virtually" sharing your stories. But I have a question to see if any of you have experienced this: almost a week ago, I started getting heart palpitations and flutterings. I hope it's just the anxiety of waiting, but I'm not sure. I called my gyno, and she asked me to see my primary care doc for an EKG which is scheduled for this Thursday to rule out any problems. I've never had heart problems, but I have had major anxiety issues in the past. I should add that I am a singer and I have a concert this Sunday. Nothing like a performance in front of 700 people 4 day before surgery to help add a little anxiety to the mix! Thankfully, I have no solos, so I only have to be a singer in the group of 30 people, but still its something to be nervous about.

Anyway, I would appreciate any feedback from other princesses about whether you have had similar feelings from your heart. I should add that I am PMS'ing too. I think I may squeeze in one more period Oh joy! I think I talked my parents out of coming into town to "take care of me" post-op. That would have just put me over the edge! Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 08:59 AM

I would have to say that you have a lot of stress going on right now and seems everything will be fine when its over but its a great idea to make sure with your doctor
Unread 12-13-2005, 09:09 AM

Hi CallieKitten,

You certainly do have a lot going on. Stress can affect us in many ways. Your adrenaline is probably about as high or higher than ever right now. Unfortunately, having your Dr order an EKG - which is a good thing - has probably just shot even more adrenaline through your system. To try to ease your mind a bit, There have been times when I thought that my heart was doing flips in my chest, only to find out that it was doing it's job just fine. It turns out that your espophagus and stomach can have spasms that feel much like heart irregularities.

Having said that, make sure you have the EKG. If there is a problem, you will want the Dr's to know all about it so they can make the best decisions regarding your health.

I hope all is ok with your heart. Keep us updated.

S,
Kay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks for the support!

Thanks Jan and Kay! I don't know what I would do without the support of the ladies on this site.

Hugs back at ya!
Unread 12-13-2005, 10:12 AM

An EKG was a standard procedure for my pre-op exam at the hospital. I have a heart murmur and sometimes feel funny things in my chest. It apparently wasn't a problem for surgery.

I hope your EKG will be normal. I wish you the best. Have fun at the concert and sing your heart out.

's
Unread 12-13-2005, 03:47 PM

Hi!
I had the same racing heartbeat about 5 days prior to my surgery. It's not a good feeling, but it probably is the anxiety and stress. I just found a quiet place in my house and took a lot of slow deep breaths. And that seemed to help. As you have heard, the waiting is the hardest part!
All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 12-13-2005, 08:35 PM

Best wishes to you! I just know you'll do a fantastic job at the concert. I'll be singing along with you in spririt.
Unread 12-14-2005, 08:42 AM

Irish-
Thanks for the info. I think the heart symptoms are just anxiety, but the EKG will help to figure that out. Thanks for the suggestion. It made me remember some meditation tapes that I have that I need to get out and listen to to help me relax.

I wish I could have my Hyster Sisters at the concert this Sunday!!! We had rehearsal last night, we have rehearsal tomorrow and all day Saturday. The concert is going to be amazing!!! We are performing with a children's school of performing arts, so there will be 70 singers on stage, 700 people in the audience. MTV news is going to cover the concert!! It is so exciting. I can't think of a better distraction from my surgery!!! I just hope I don't start bleeding between now and then. I am bloated and crampy right now, and I'm afraid I will. I may have to wear a Depends on stage. It will be my uterus's swan song!
Unread 12-14-2005, 08:53 AM

Hi Julie!
I'm so happy that you're keeping a positive attitude!
I wish you all the best at the concert Sunday! I will be checking out MTV news to catch the story too!
Distractions are good for you, I think the Holiday has helped in my recovery a bit because of all the things I need to do and watching my children become more and more excited everyday! (They're 5 and 3)
Again, Best Wishes to you!
Laurie

p.s. keep those meditation tapes handy, and be sure to drop a line anytime you need to vent- it helps!
Unread 12-14-2005, 12:36 PM

Hi. I also had an EKG at my pre-op as routine. However, my heart sometimes skips a beat now and then too. Has for a long time now. It didn't present any problems whatsoever for me in regards to my surgery. Take it easy.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register