what to get darling loving hubby? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > Surviving Parenthood

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

what to get darling loving hubby? what to get darling loving hubby?

Unread 12-16-2005, 08:12 AM
what to get darling loving hubby?

What a beautiful idea.

What did he say when he opened it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 09:12 AM

DH "YOU GOT ME A DICTIONARY!!!"
are you trying to tell me something?

Me "YES"

DH "what you don't think I'm smart"

Me "You are an Engineer, of course you are smart"
"just look inside"

On the inside cover I wrote every word highlighted was one that either made me think of or described him.

He loved it! I was skeptical, because he was such a mans man, but he really was touched. That night we sat and read thru it together.
Unread 12-16-2005, 09:16 AM

Newfaith:

I think that that is so incredible! What a wonderful way to show him how much you loved him!

I think that I may "steal" your idea if you don't mind. I started writing a letter to my DH, but this may be a much better idea!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 09:24 AM

I would not mind at all! let me know what he thinks!
Oh, I did include things like stubborn, crazy (with notes to the side ) "as in sometimes you drive me" you get the pic.
Unread 12-16-2005, 09:25 AM

It can't all be good right??? LOL
Unread 12-16-2005, 12:31 PM

PJL
Got me to thinking, and I got out the dictionary, I didn't remember this but Bullheaded is in there and of course underlined!!
Unread 12-16-2005, 03:12 PM

That is such a neat idea! Takes some effort too! I read two sets of encyclopedias one year just to see if I could--but then I tried an expanded dictionary and just zoned out at about "E". It's not exactly fascinating reading, especially if you're a teenager. It can't be worse than trying to figure out how to put air horns together though. (I knew he didn't want the kit.) for Xanax! Finally I gave up and sent an e-mail with the link... "Ok, no surprise... give me the part numbers...Merry Christmas!" And the horn he wants DOESN'T FIT in the SUV. I guess that'll be birthday, after adjustments are made to the SUV to accomidate lusted for horn. Lord knows we can't take the siren out! So I hit Amazon.com for gourmet foods. Saved a bundle. I may still get the motorcycle kit for the ATV though--it has police lights too--wouldn't that drive the dogs crazy???
Are you sure DH can't come over to play???
Unread 12-19-2005, 07:37 PM

I got my gift ladies. Dh couldn't wait to give it to me. YUP. It was a delux kitchen aide mixer. The one that does it all. Next year he said that I am getting the grinder and sausage stuffer attachments. That way he can make homemade deer sausage. But I also know that he wants stuff for our 75 gallon fish tank. Things like a castle or real plants that kind of thing. Atleast now I know what I am shopping for tomorrow when I go with my mom. Love all Dawn
Unread 12-19-2005, 08:12 PM

Those things are SO nifty!

DH sent me the link for the telescope lens thingys, so that made shopping easy. They weren't as much as I thought. The order confirmation came on the gourmet goodies... and they won't get here till after Christmas. I'm pretty well broke for this holiday though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register