FAO sisters who have had anterior and posterior repairs | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

FAO sisters who have had anterior and posterior repairs FAO sisters who have had anterior and posterior repairs

Unread 12-14-2005, 03:24 AM
FAO sisters who have had anterior and posterior repairs

Hello dear sisters
I am down in the dumps again. I know it's silly getting so upset, but you know, I can't face having this all done again.
I have had an extremely hard time pursuading our authroity that I will be able to return to work after the Christmas Hols. I have had to attend meetings and have all sorts of questions fired at me. It has been hard but I think I convinced them. Then I saw my consultant on Friday who was pleased with the repairs and told me to take it easy for a couple of more weeks, just up until Christmas he said and then ease yourself back in to your job. I was so pleased.
Then - I can't believe how stupid I was! Instead of taking his advice, I have been cleaning the house (it was desperate!) with this great bit steam machine. I am pleased with the cleaning I have done, but I am afraid I may have done some damage I have the familiar "dragging down" feeling and I can feel a small bulge. I am 10 weeks post op. Could it still swell? I don't like the familiar low down cramp I have.
I could slap myself. It's so stupid of me. I felt so much better and I was really looking forwards again. Also, half the family are ill with some sort of nasty virus (incluidng me, sore throat now turning into a nasty cough) and I had to take my little girl to the hospital on Monday she was so poorly. This cough isn't going to help matters.
I know I should go and see consultant again etc, but I was wondering if any other sisters had similar experience.
Thanks in advance
big s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 05:33 AM

i remember when i was early in my recovery for my repairs and i started cleaning and "pusing" myself... i think it's swelling try to take it easy and if it persists call the Dr.but i think you'll be ok...
Unread 12-15-2005, 08:33 AM

Thanks coffee
I can't believe that we're the only ones who have done this.

I have definitely got a bulge, have tried to tell myself it was like that before yadda yadda, but I Know I have to face up to it. Typical, just had my consultation last Friday. What to do now?
s
Sue
x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-16-2005, 04:20 AM

It's pretty quiet here, unless no one had any answers or advice?
Ah well, I have advised myself what to do.
First of all I cried all night - got that out my system but my eyes look a fright. I phoned hospital this morning as I know my consultant sees his patients Friday evening, they managed to squeeze me in tonight at 7.15. Guess I can try and hold it all together till then. I have real bad groin pain now and the bulge is purtruding from vagina
I have been so good for all this time. I take back what I thought about the steamer, I think it's from all the coughing and sneezing, and my throat is still sore.
Dunno who I'm talking to here, but it sure feels good "letting out" somewhere.

Sue
x
Unread 12-19-2005, 12:53 PM

I had exactly the same thing happen to me a few months ago. It had been 10 months since my surgery, so I got busy doing all the outdoor work that I'd been putting off. Well, it felt like the graft tore and that old bulge was back. I was so upset and miserable! My doctor got me in within a couple days, and said other than a little torn tissue that the graft and repair were holding just fine. The bulge I was feeling wasn't the same as before -- it was some vaginal tissue swelling, but not my rectum bulging into my vagina like last year. The torn tissue was because DH and I tried things out without using any lube --which is now a no-no for me.

My doctor snipped the torn tissue out and stitched up the ragged part. It was an in-office procedure that took half an hour tops, ten stitches, and I spent a couple days with an icepack. It was completely healed within a month and I've had no trouble since.
Unread 12-19-2005, 02:27 PM

Hi Jane
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm glad to hear that you are all healed up and things are holding out! Jane, do you find yourself being really careful with everyday stuff now?
Update:
I did go and see my consultant on Friday and he examined me (which really hurt ) and said that the prolapses have held. I am so relieved but was left wondering what this BULGE is all about! He didn't seem at all concerned about it. I am trying not to be either, but I have that "tampon falling out" feeling all the time and lower pelvic pain. He told me to put my feet up until I'm over the virus, guess thats to stop putting more pressure down there when I cough and sneeze!
Do you think it could be swelling? It doesn't feel like swelling. But, you know, I feel stupid making a fuss now - he has said the prolapses are holding. I know this bulge is there, I am aware of it all the time, and I tell ya I have peered down there with a mirror so many times of late, I can SEE it's there too! I haven't really rested up as directed, I've had too many family issues to cope with, but surely it would be smaller in the morning if it was swelling??

Thanks Jane, your story has given me hope
s
Sue
x
Unread 12-19-2005, 07:25 PM

Believe me -- I'm VERY careful nowadays. I try very hard not to get constipated or to strain, and while I will lift some things, I try to keep the weight at 30 pounds or less.

I still occasionally get that bulging, but what I do now is take things easy for a few days and it goes away. I know what you mean about it not really seeming like it's just swelling. I made my doctor check up there three times before I was satisfied! I was absolutely certain that I was right back to where I'd started! I'd had such a miserable time with the surgery and recovery that I was seriously considering just learning to live with the problem. While it was great news that the repairs were holding, I kept saying "But are you SURE??" I think he was a little miffed with me because I wouldn't believe him. However, it turned out that he was correct and the bulge did go away after a week. I've been far more careful about overdoing things since that weekend!
Unread 12-20-2005, 08:40 AM

Auntie Sue:

Sending a and some friendly

I haven't had these sorts of repairs. I do think all of us need to give our bodies the proper chance to heal from any surgery. I think sometimes we just don't see the big picture.

How much would it cost to hire a person to do your cleaning vs how much would it cost (time and money) to mess up your repair and have to have it redone?

Please don't push it any further. Relax. Enjoy the holidays and if the house needs further attention ...ask for help and hire it, if need be.

Those people who say "let me know if you need anything" ... let them know. It feels good to be of help to others, especially at this time of year.

Take care of you. Don't make me fly over there and shake my bony finger at you in person
Unread 12-20-2005, 08:49 AM
posterior repair...hurting like h...

Just had my surgery last Friday. When should I expect to have a bm? I am so sore and tender down there that the thought of going to the bathroom frightens me The bleeding has all but stopped but I feel a hard lump. Is all this normal....nothing wrong with my appetite, I feel like I am going to explode help Jackie
Unread 12-21-2005, 08:13 AM

My doctor had me on stool softeners and a laxative for the first two months. Maybe you should call and ask if there's something you can do. My other advice is to take a hint from the men and take something into the bathroom with you to read while on the throne. Don't strain or push at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register