New Girl Here!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New Girl Here!!! New Girl Here!!!

Unread 12-14-2005, 08:16 AM
New Girl Here!!!

Hi There to all!!! I am new here, and my TAH is scheduled for January 12, 2006 and I am getting nervous....I am 35 years old and I just found out this year that I have Endometriosis, and after lots of thinking and talking with my husband, I have decided that this would be best!!!! I hope that I have made the right decision. Ever since I had my daughter in 1998, I have to wear a large pad every day of my life (for vaginal discharge), I have terrible periods (pain and bleeding), I am always moody, gosh, you would think I have menopause already!!!!! I guess I am really nervous that the decision I made is the wrong one, but I can't see how it could be, considering the problems that I have every day of the year!!!!!! I just want to say thanks for this site, it is very informative and helpful with my concerns!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 08:23 AM
New Girl Here!!!

I too am 35 (and had a dd in 98 ) I have known I had endometriosis for about a year and a half. I decided when the pain became too much I would have they hyst. Well, I decided to have an ablation for the bleeding and they found a 5 inch endometrioma on my right ovary. The dr wants it out and is amazed I am not having horrible pain. I knew the hyst was coming so the decision was pretty easy. I tried my best to pick a good time to take off of work and a slow time for my kids activities. There is never a "perfect" time but this is about as good as it gets LOL!

Best of luck to you!

BTW - are you going to keep your ovaries???? There is a slight chance I can keep one but am not sure that is a good idea because of the endo????
Unread 12-14-2005, 08:40 AM
New Girl Here!!!

Hi!
I recently had LAVH and I feel better than I have in years! I had heavy and lengthy periods for years too. This was my last option and I had the same thoughts your having in regards to "Is this the right thing to do". For me it was and I'm very happy with my decision. I wish you all the best. The women here are awesome!
Take care,
Laurie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 08:40 AM
New Girl Here!!!

Yes, they are taking my ovaries, because I have the endo all over my ovaries and my bladder wall!!!!!!
Unread 12-14-2005, 09:23 AM
New Girl Here!!!

Welcome! Best wishes to you. I am waiting on pins and needles for my date. I don't know how much longer I can take the pain and irregular bleeding so I hope I get a date soon. Take good care of yourself! Melanie
Unread 12-14-2005, 12:42 PM
New Girl Here!!!

Hello. After the birth of my son in 1996, I've had to wear a pad every day too for what I thought was urinary incontinence. After seeing my gyn it was determined it was adeno and I needed a hyst. My uterus was large. I had my surgery last Monday and I'd like to say, that although I have a little cramping from the surgery, (not much at all), I feel like a new woman "down there'. I really can't believe the difference in how I feel... and the "incontinence" seems to be gone! I'm so glad I did this, I feel absolutely terrific! I could kiss my dr! Good luck to you.
Unread 12-14-2005, 01:00 PM
New Girl Here!!!

That is great!!!!! I am so glad you feel so good, hopefully next month, I will be saying exactly the same thing!!!!! Thanks for your input meatball!!!!!! Best wishes to you as well!!!!!
Unread 12-14-2005, 04:12 PM
New Girl Here!!!

I am 25 and also have endo. i have had it for a few years (since i had my son). i tried the laps, and the lupron shots. the pain was to much. i am having a total hyst on dec. 26. i know what ya mean about is this the right thing to do. i have though about this a lot and i feel like i have no other option. best of luck to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register