Surgery Scheduled Today! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Scheduled Today! Surgery Scheduled Today!

Unread 12-14-2005, 04:58 PM
Surgery Scheduled Today!

Hi All! Well my surgery was scheduled today and it will take place on Dec 20, 2005. Which is next tuesday. Whats funny is I am very nervous now! I thought I was totally prepared after reading these boards for the last month. But I guess nothing prepares you when you actually get the date. I am having a supracervical hysterectomy with BSO. So any words or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Surgery Scheduled Today!

If you have a DH or children living with you, best to sit them down and have a real heart to heart about what they can/cannot expect from you after surgery. Gleam as much info as you can from HysterSisters! You will be very limited on activities for several weeks and all the help they can muster will be needed. Help DH to learn all he can prior to your surgery so he can be more sympathetic to your plight....

Also, help the DH preplan meals for the kids or do so even if you're single. You can make casseroles before going in and store them in your freezer. Buy disposable aluminum pans to put them in. Wrap the tops with plastic wrap (to limit freezer burn) and then top that with tin foil. On the tin foil you can place a large shipping label printed with special instructions such as type of casserole inside, cooking instructions, side dish info, etc.... If the casserole recipe makes more than you need, halve it into two containers for future use. Worse comes to worst, just purchase a lot of frozen family Banquet type meals.

You will probably want at least the individual TV dinners for your own meals while you're at home alone... easy to prep and just toss the container when your done eating. I would also suggest utilizing paper plates to help eliminate the mess in the kitchen.

After surgery, don't worry about the house. You only have one chance to heal properly. The house can wait. You can't. Maybe doing your holiday cleaning now will help you keep your mind off the pending surgery? Also, planning & executing casseroles for the family will keep you preoccupied.

Good luck!
Unread 12-14-2005, 07:31 PM
Surgery Scheduled Today!

Hi Sweet Melissa

I'm having my surgery the same day as you are. ( SAH )I'm feeling stressed also. I've been listening to relaxation tapes which has helped. I had another case of the nerves yesterday. It comes and goes....

Maybe we can hold each others hands from NY to KY. :encourgement: We will be fasting and headed for the castle the same day. I know I need my hand held.

Hugs Galore!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Surgery Scheduled Today!

Melissa,

I had the same surgery and I think you may be shocked at how well you do with little pain. You will be a little sore but it was not bad. I did not stay all night at the surgery center, but I honestly think I would have been more comfortable there. It was a little uncomfortable for me to lie flat the first couple of nights. Good luck and follow dr. orders and take care. Try not to worry, it will go great.
Unread 12-14-2005, 08:32 PM
Thank you

Thank you for all your wonderful advice! Enchanted I am excited I now have a friend that will be going through this the same day. Please send me a private message so that we can stay in touch throughout this! I hope your weekend waiting goes well for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register