Doc gave OK for surgery Friday- yah-I think | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Doc gave OK for surgery Friday- yah-I think Doc gave OK for surgery Friday- yah-I think

Unread 12-15-2005, 12:47 AM
Doc gave OK for surgery Friday- yah-I think

I was worried the sore throat that I had for the last couple of days might postpone the surgery but the doc said, no strep, no fever, no problem.
I think part of me wanted to chicken out and this was my chance. I am nervous and I told my family including my 3 daughters and DH not to visit me until Sunday which would be the third day in the castle. I hope I don't regret that decision.
Question- I do catering and I have a big job scheduled for Friday night and a bigger one on Saturday. Will I be awake enough on Friday night or Saturday morning to talk on the phone to my crew to make sure all is ok or if they have any questions. I am really stressed about not being there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2005, 01:12 AM

It depends on the time of your surgery, how long it takes, pain meds... all sorts of things. Do you have a good second? (DUH! Of course you do or you wouldn't have big jobs going on while you are having surgery.) Apparently I was talking and such... but I said all sorts of goofy stuff (goofier than usual) and don't remember much of it at all. You could end up telling them to serve grilled salmon with chocolate sauce or something like that! Or... you could be quite lucid and feel pretty decent. It will help if you go in not all stressed out. There was something in the news about that about 2 weeks ago--apparently people heal faster if they go into surgery calm & relaxed. (Like that is going to happen.) Best of luck with the surgery and the jobs!
Kate
Unread 12-15-2005, 02:34 AM
Getting surgery time this morning

I don't know what time surgery time is yet. I have been thinking about it and maybe I shouldn't call them. If something goes wrong it would be torture. This is the first time the crew will be on their own but I guess I have no choice but to believe they will do a great job. I know I need to calm down but I don't know how.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2005, 02:50 AM

Hmm... not really my business, but I have done that stuff before and understand how addictive and consuming it is. You want it done RIGHT! Having a good crew really matters. It's difficult to let go and walk away. I can't tell you how many times I've left church and ended up working with a chef top "at customer level" with skirt, stockings and pumps below customer level. My crew must have thought I was nuts! "Just checking in" would be a good four hours of work. Can you leave a check-list for them? Answers for problems that are likely to come up? I had one GREAT woman who could just about do everything I did except the paperwork... and smile the whole time. Another was good at keeping the slackers in line. These two were essential if I took time off or got sick. (Luckily they worked well together.) Maybe if they call you in EXTREME emergency only... not for something silly they can figure out with a good thinking cap. I'm sure they'll be putting in a good effort knowing you're in the hospital... but be SO glad when you're back too. (I didn't know how good my bakery crew were really until I had an emergency and was out four days. It went well...but oh they loved me when I got back!) One thing is if you tell them how sure you are that they CAN handle it...they'll do their darnedest to live up to your expectations. Somehow that positive thinking stuff really does work.
s
Unread 12-15-2005, 03:09 AM
As I sit here unable to sleep

I realize I have communicated to all and I am going to do all the shopping tomorrow. You are right, they can do it. Funny thing is about the baker. He is my DH.
We own a bakery and deli so I know that end is covered.
I never told the client I wouldn't be there. She booked months ago and I got my date 3 weeks ago. My hope is as long as everything goes fine she won't care.
Unread 12-15-2005, 03:43 AM

You're in good shape! I better get to bed before the sun comes up! Take care!
Unread 12-15-2005, 06:24 AM

After leaving the recovery room, I was awake all the rest of the day. Everyone kept telling me I would be groggy and want to sleep all day, but that did not happen. I watched television all afternoon because my family thought I would be sleeping and didn't come up until later in the day. I had general anesthesia, but I guess different people react differently. After I woke up, I wasn't sleepy at all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register