update on surgery on 12/06 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

update on surgery on 12/06 update on surgery on 12/06

Unread 12-15-2005, 11:34 AM
update on surgery on 12/06

Ok guys I am home from the hysterectomy. When they got in there it was uglier than they thought. I went in because they knew for sure I had uterine fibroids but when they got in there my ovary looked like cauliflower with these red balloons growing out of it! The doctor even took pictures and gave me copies. I also had some other water balloon things in there that they call "gyny-boogers." Sorry if this is too graphic for you, just be glad I didn't post the pictures! Also they found that my bladder was adhered to some of my bowel, they think from my c-section in '00. So they had to cut that lose which made a hole in the bladder that they had to stitch so I got to wear my catheter home for over a week! Talk about painful. Got that out yesterday and I feel like a new person. My bowel was also covered with scar tissue from previous surgeries so they scraped all of that off. That is actually giving me the most pain right now but that is to be expected. I guess today all in all I feel ok. After seeing the pictures it relieved me and I know I made the right choice for me. My only ovary wasn't working at 100% anyway so now I am free of it and all the pain. I take Estratest now. That is estrogen with a little testosterone so I still a libido. So far so good on tolerating that. I still have a way to go for a full recovery. I will keep you posted. Thanks so much for your prayers and support! Keri
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2005, 12:11 PM
update on surgery on 12/06

Good afternoon! Glad to hear you are well and on your way to a speedy recovery. We had our hyst the same day. I am sorry there was more than to be expected once they got in there but glad they found all your troubles. Hopefully you wil be and feel like a whole new women once the recovery is over.
Best wishes and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register