Dec 19 - TVH with 24 hr stay - EEEEEK!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Dec 19 - TVH with 24 hr stay - EEEEEK!! Dec 19 - TVH with 24 hr stay - EEEEEK!!

Unread 12-17-2005, 05:01 PM
Dec 19 - TVH with 24 hr stay - EEEEEK!!

My TVH was Mon. at a little after 1 p.m. I was in a hospital room by 4, and was home the next day by 4 p.m. My doctor said she was ready to release me, but did ask how I felt about it, so perhaps she would have worked with me and insurance co. if necessary. To be honest, I was ready - I really was thrilled to be feeling as well as I was and being in my own bed was great! I have rested since coming home, as suggested, but so far so good. My roommate had the same surgery (about 3 hours later) but was having more pain. Her doctor was going to keep her at least one more night, and I think that was the right decision for her. Each person is different, and I hope your doctor can work with the insurance if you need more time. I am pretty sure my insurance had only pre-approved one night, but I also think that is their standard and that they would have probably approved more if there had been a need for it as stated by the doctor. Good luck! It really was not nearly as bad as I had feared! It will be over before you know it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 07:44 PM

Thanks - I did some digging and, of course, they will evaluate me for more time before I'm discharged. I'm surprised and pleased that more time is seldom needed, so they just plan on the 6:30am discharge. The surgery is going to take place next to the big "castle" in a smaller hotel-like surgery center that is very posh - like the fancy plastic surgery centers I've seen on tv. I will feel very spoiled, er, pampered! Of course, if there are any problems I will be taken across to the big castle to take advantage of all the expensive technology and huge staff for an extended stay.

I'm so glad to hear so many "survival stories" and to have been able to get all these details.
Unread 12-18-2005, 09:35 PM

Well - I'm chugging some coffee, tea and juice as I wait for the "NPO" (nothing by mouth, not even water) midnight hour. I want to be well hydrated and have some caffeine on board before I get cut off, lol. I have some cleaning to do in my room and want to wash another load of loose clothes, so - See Y'all on the Other Side of The Castle!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 09:44 PM

Good Luck! Enjoy the coffee...oh yumness!
Unread 12-18-2005, 10:03 PM

I was in the hospital a few years ago which was unrelated to my problems now and the insurance company only approved 2 days in the hospital. My DR. said I needed more. At first the insurance had to cover it because it was medically necessary and not optional. I hope all goes well for you.
Unread 12-19-2005, 04:55 AM

great idea about printing out the checkpoints! Its so easy to say you feel better when you really don't, it will probably keep me in line too!
My DH is great, but he loves me cause I take care of everything, and hates it when I'm needy!! Don't they all? Advice for young girls, be independent, but don't always act that way!
Merry Christmas to you and yours
Donna
Unread 12-22-2005, 02:56 PM

LOL - Amen, WICKEDLEE!

I'm looking for a highlighter to emphasize some of the "don'ts" on those lists! It seems that the cats can't even figure out how to get the food from the cabinet to the bowl. Some things I should have made diagrams for, poor helpless family. I have faith that they will catch on to everything, though.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register