Lupron Laughter | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Lupron Laughter Lupron Laughter

Unread 12-16-2005, 04:45 PM
Lupron Laughter

Just for everyone's Friday entertainment, as I got my my first round of Lupron Depot (in the upper arm, thank you!) the Munchkin Mayor's voice popped into my head saying "Follow the yellow brick road" followed by the chorus of munchkin's continuing the song.

This should be an entertaining two month journey to the wizard's to say the very least. I guess lions and tigers and bears are next.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 02:32 AM
Lupron Laughter

At least you get to meet some interesting characters along the way!Bitter medicine is best served with honey! keep up that great sense of humor!
Unread 12-17-2005, 05:12 AM
Lupron Laughter

My first shot gave me paranoya for 3 days, I told the doc I felt like I was just coming out of surgery, or on narcs or something. It went away till the next shot. I went 2 months w/out severe pain, but then it came back with vengence. I hope your experience is better.
Good luck on your adventure.
Merry Christmas
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-17-2005, 09:32 AM
Lupron Laughter

As long as I don't see flying monkeys I should be okay. :wowee:

Felt random twinges last night and just imagined my fibroids screaming in terror like the bugs in the Raid commercials.

Besides this site and concious prayer, I'm counting on laughter preventing me from becoming an uber witch.
Unread 12-18-2005, 06:37 AM
Lupron Laughter

I had my second shot of lupron this week and I am now thinking of cancelling my surgery because the fibroids have shrunk so much! I have posted in pre-op forum asking for other's similar experiences. I also experiences twinges and some cramping but I can physically see how much they have shrunk! Now I'm confused as what to do.
Unread 12-19-2005, 12:19 PM
Lupron Laughter

Hi phil:
I've talked to some gals who used lupron to reduce the fibroids and when they went off the drug guess what came back with a vengence...the fibroids and the symptoms. Of course they told me their lupron horror stories too.

I know that the Lupron should reduce my fibroid farm by 40% so that the incision can be smaller and it will be easier to remove the uterus otherwise I'm looking at vertical if they keep growing. Just more to consider, since Lupron is a short term fix.

So far one minor flash and for truely random, I'm humming and singing ever since the shot. My partner thinks its the funniest thing and is appreciating the lack of flying emotions.
Unread 12-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Lupron Laughter

To my doctors disappointment I couldn't deal with the thought of Lupron (Put me in meno for something that "might" help or might not THEN either go through meno on my own or after a hyst. The thought of 2 menopauses kind of made me want to puke. I know, I am a wimp). Of course, she will probably get the last laugh when I have to have a AH rather than VH. Oh well

Best of luck to you AND the munchkins

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register