big case of nerves, big day 12/19/05 - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

big case of nerves, big day 12/19/05 big case of nerves, big day 12/19/05

Unread 12-18-2005, 10:50 AM
big case of nerves, big day 12/19/05

it's going to be ok, i'm 32 at 1 and half weeks post-op, doing great, moving around, trying to stay put, but it's hard. i too am a super mom with a cape, i've learned to ask people for help, my children are learning household duties that they can keep after my recovery, i believe this has been a good learning experience for them. we super mom's need time off and this hysterectomy betters them and us! tah/bso dec8. say your prayers and he will take care of the rest. best wishes to you! see you on post-op soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 10:59 AM

I am beginning to think that us "go-getters" have a harder time afterwards as we hate feeling "helpless" and it drives us crazy to be "good!" Take it from a go-getter girl don't overdo those first couple of weeks, do everything you are told to no matter how good you feel. Take it from someone who knows! As far as support from those you know and love, no one can truly understand what you are going through now, and later, except another hyster-sister. Take it a day a time girl and just remember you will get stronger! We're here for you. And as I have found out, there is no such thing as any stupid questions on this site ... ask and talk and someone will be there for you, it's wonderful! Merry Christmas
Unread 12-18-2005, 04:07 PM

Thank You! I am so over whelmed with your response. I've been keeping myself busy today with last minute cleaning and laundry. Stopped to rest and check in, and i truely feel the love of the sisters when i read your words of support. I have prayed for 5 years on this and consulted with 3 gyns. I believe the right choice has been made and believe life will be better soon. i just have a hard time asking for help and i must confess - a hard time accepting help also. I'm praying for His grace and will not denie my friends their blessing by refusing any help offered. I plan a long warm soak in the tub, shave these legs, and then a peaceful nights sleep in dh's arms. my surgery is schd for 6:30 am ct. Tomarrow I'll be thinging of all of you and know that i am not alone.
My prayers and best wishes for each of you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Thoughts are with you...

My thoughts and prayers are with you as well. I have just scheduled my TAH/BSO for January 30th and I'm having butterflies and anxiety already and know that it will only continue to increase as the time gets close. Hang in there and you will soon be on the other side and everything will be worth it.

kes42
Unread 12-18-2005, 05:54 PM

its good to know im not alone in this...my tah is scheduled for 1/26..and im already scared to death...i told my husand i was going to cancell,however,there is a concern of ovca,so i know i cant,but i already have the butterflies....i am a mother of 7 children,the youngest being triplets who will turn 3 on jan 17,just a week or so before my surgery..they are all 3 special needs children,and ned alot of care,thank-god in my case,my husband does just as good of a job with them as i do,and i think thats whats helping me the most...the hardest for them,especially my autistic son,is going to be the days im in the hospial,he cant handle change at all,so im not sure how this wil affect him.....sorry to ramble on,just good to know,im not the only one already starting to freak a little and my surgery is a month away...lord help me and give me stregnth as it gets closer,cause im going to need it......ill be praying for you,and for a fast and uneventful recovery....
Unread 12-18-2005, 07:56 PM

My surgery is tomorrow too... Hot soak in the tub and leisurly shaving sounds wonderful. I think I'll add candles and music - and lock the door to keep everyone out. My surgery is at 8am (or around) but probably won't be back online again until Tuesday p.m. Thanks for being here for me too everyone!!! ..hug..
Unread 12-18-2005, 08:34 PM

You will be in my thoughts and prayers tomorrow. I am scheduled Wednesday 12/21 for a LAVH. I too am nervous, as today I started running a slight fever and am saying prayers it will go away before the big day - Lord only knows I don't want to delay the procedure any longer.
Unread 12-18-2005, 09:13 PM

To All the Ladies in Waiting,
Everyone of us in the post-op all felt the same way....the waiting IS the worst part . The recovery is very hard on us I am also very active & this has been hard. However...it's a great lesson for the family. My DH was cooking me breakfast, he burnt the first one..came running into the bedrm to jokingly tell me it's all my fault he forgot how to take care of himself . You will try to push your recovery..but your body will put you back in check..I have been pushing it, but I do listen to NO LIFTING-STRETCHING-PUSHING-ANYTHING that will make you bear down. My is surprized how well I am doing I think it's our high energy level
Use that energy b-4 the surgery to get your house & supplies in order : do checkpoints on this website, look at the post's for pre-op, do your homework...it's a good way to put you at ease also. Best wishes to all of you, we'll see you on the other side

God Bless, We'll be Praying for you All
Lori
Unread 12-18-2005, 09:14 PM

Bless your heart. In my case the nervousness was worse than the actual event. I hope you rest well and every thing goes great tomorrow, and everyone at the hospital is super nice to you.
Unread 12-18-2005, 09:49 PM

Wow - Greetings to two Dec 19 sisters!!!
I'm jealous - both of you go first! My surgery is scheduled for 8:30 central. We can do this and work hard at recovery and let the world learn to fend for itself for a short while. My best friend assures me of this, and she has never been wrong about such things.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register