My Swan Song: The Fibroids and Aunt Flo Sing | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

My Swan Song:  The Fibroids and Aunt Flo Sing My Swan Song: The Fibroids and Aunt Flo Sing

Unread 12-18-2005, 10:43 AM
My Swan Song: The Fibroids and Aunt Flo Sing

Today is the day, ladies. My fibroids and uterus will sing their swan song. Our holiday concert is at 3:00, and we had rehearsal all day yesterday. MTV news will be covering the event. We expect 700+ folks in the audience. Here's the funny part: Aunt Flo made a final appearance yesterday. And of course, I'm not supposed to take anything for cramps and pain in the final week before surgery, so I'm on the phone with my gyno last night at 9:00 p.m. asking, no BEGGING, for pain meds to be phoned into a 24 hour pharmacy. She said it was okay to take Aleve through today for cramps (I'm taking 440 mg. every 4 hours), and then tomorrow she will switch me to something that doesn't thin my blood.

So yesterday at rehearsal I had to wear a Holter EKG monitor for heart irregularities that I have been experiencing the last week or so. They want to figure out if my heart is going to be able to withstand the surgery or if the palpitations are just due to stress. Geez, it's always something.

So tomorrow is my pre-op. I have a two page list of questions for my doctor. I think I'm going to take her flowers, just so she doesn't think I'm some kind of crazy woman. Geez, what other surprises could happen now? I sure hope I remember all the songs when I get up on stage!!!!

I thought I would have everything under control by now, things ready to go, smooth sailing. And I just feeled kind of stressed. I suppose this is normal, but it just isn't a good feeling. Anyone else with surgery coming up this week feeling overwhelmed?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 10:51 AM

You are almost through the wait!! Hang in there. It was a really hard time for me, but I am 6 weeks post op now and a much happier healthier woman. Hugs and best wishes
Unread 12-18-2005, 11:07 AM
This week

Yes I am having surgery on Tuesday and I am a nervous wreck, and of course Aunt Flo is visiting me too and she has come with a vengence. I also had to take something for it, and I got to take tylenol. I cant believe she had to make this one last appearance. I think your body knows that is going to happen because I know at least 3 sisters on here that are having surgery this week and Aunt Flo visited all of us! You will be fine and everything will work out for you! God Bless and I look forward to seeing you on the other side!

Melissa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-18-2005, 11:08 AM

We're here for you girl...you'll never be alone, there's always a hyster sister ready to "talk" and offer comfort. Just remember how much better you will will be feeling. I am almost five weeks post op and honestly can't remember the last time I felt this good...no more pain from fibroids and periods. Take care and best of luck!!!!
Unread 12-18-2005, 09:54 PM
The concert was great!

I'm glad the concert is over - I sang my heart out! And now on to the surgery.

Thanks for you support, ladies. Melissa, good luck on your surgery on Tuesday. See you on the other side of the board! And thanks for the words of encouragement, Donna and Plumeria Rose. I'm exhausted tonight, but I got my questions ready for pre-op tomorrow. Should be an interesting day.
Unread 12-18-2005, 10:29 PM

my Auntie Flo is due to start Tuesday midnight [always does] and my surgery is Wednesday 1200 noon.
will be glad to get rid of her forever!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register