my nerves can't take it | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

my nerves can't take it my nerves can't take it

Unread 12-19-2005, 11:42 AM
my nerves can't take it

My surgery is scheduled for Wednesday, 7:30 a.m., and I'm not sure my nerves will last that long. I can't sit still, and to top it off, Aunt Flo decided to make an apperance - late (wouldn't you know it). Why does this always seem to happen??

I'm not sure who is more nervous, me or my DH. He told me yesterday that he plans on spending the night at the hospital with me. I told him that it would probably be better if he went home, got a good nights sleep, because he was going to have to take care of me the next day. Didn't get any response on that.

I think my nerves have gotton the better of me because I won't know until after the surgery what stage the tumor is on my ovary. Doc says not to worry-easy for her to say-this type of tumor is almost always caught early. Shouldn't need chemo or radiation. Still, I can't stop dwelling on the what ifs.

It helps to talk to others that know what I'm going through. DH just clams up-I think he doesn't know what to say. I think he doesn't want to think of the what ifs.

I'm sure everything will be fine, and it will all be over with before I know it. See everyone on the other side.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2005, 12:04 PM
my nerves can't take it

I think my Dh was more nervous than I was! Just make sure he pampers you afterwards! You will do fine! Just stay on top of your meds at the castle and walk when they give you the green light! Also water, water, water! You will be home before you know it, typing on your computer like me! Be sure and let us know how you are! Patty
Unread 12-19-2005, 12:05 PM
my nerves can't take it

I can't even imagine how nervous you are and Aunt Flo NEVER helps that situation either

Can you call your dr and get something to help you rest?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2005, 12:17 PM
my nerves can't take it

At times like this I have to let it go and give my fears and worrie to a higher power. You have a lot to deal with, if your Doctor is telling you that they have caught this early enough then believe her. At some point to have to put faith in your Doctor.
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Unread 12-19-2005, 02:57 PM
my nerves can't take it

needinfo2 just want to give you a big cyber and let you know that your not alone. I remember how awful the anxiety was in the few days prior to my surgery and I called my doc and asked him to call me in a prescription for something to help with the anxiety...which he gladly did. I'm not a big believer in taking lots of pills but boy oh boy did that stuff help me. I'm wondering if you can call your doc and have him call something in for you? I also agree with happynva in that you need to try to have some faith in your doc that this was caught early enough. My dear I will be thinking about you on Wednesday and sending some prayers your way that things go well for you. Good luck to you!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register