Home! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Home!

Home after my 12-15 TAH/BSO and feeling pretty good so far. For those with imminent surgury, don't worry too much! I think the worst was the worry before, the planning, etc. Once things were set in motion the hospital staff were great, and very helpful. so I didn't need to think/worry/plan at all. Just rest and recover. "Supermom" is officially on vacation. Here is my castle story. I had to be at teh hospital at 5:30 am on a snowy, slippery day. After a very careful drive in, my DH and I arrived and were sent to the preop waiting room, where we waited for 20 minutes before the first staff showed up. (Apparently, we left early to allow for bad roads, and the staff hadn't.) Once I was usshered in, there was some preop lab work, ecg hook up, etc. Eventually the doc came in and exchanged some encouraging words. The nursing staff was great, helpful, supportive. DH gave me a kiss and a hand squeeze and I was wheeled away. I had to help them get me onto the table, but after that it was all up to them. The last thing I remember was my Doc holding my hand and saying " I'm here with you and everything is going to be fine." Comforting. After I woke up, actually remembered a few strange dreams, but was in a fog for a while. There was a hold up moving me to a room from post op so they let DH come in for a while. Eventually they got me up to a room and settled in, and DH rejoined me there. My roommate had had a TAH an hour after me and had beat me to the room by 1/2 hour. She went through most of the same post op care simultaneously with me, and this was rather a help. We laughed together, supported eachother through those first 24 hours. My only complaint was the plethera of small children that came to visit her in the evening. Grandchildren, 4 that were 4 and under in her half of the room both evenings. Plust he associated adults. Was tiring. At any rate, the whole experience was tough, but more pleasant than I was expecting, and it felt really nice to arrive at home. Good wishes to all you who are waiting. I hope you all have a positive experience and a speedy recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2005, 06:07 PM
Home!

Glad all went well. I am having a TAH/BSO Jan 3rd. Glad to hear all went well and you are home already. Do you remember how long the surgery took? I have in my mind somewhere around 2hours is that a close time frame? I hope I do as well as you are doing. Thanks for the postive update. I need that
Unread 12-19-2005, 06:14 PM
Home!

I know the doc said he expected it to take between an hour and an hour & 1/2, but mine ended up taking 2 1/2 hours due to the fact that he ran into some unexpected things. I had numerous fibroids, not just the uterus (hence the BSO) and on top of that there was a LOT of adhesions, ect likely caused by the healing after the three c-sections. I remember jumping into things way too fast after the third c-section, with a 2 yr old and 4 yr old in addition to the newborn at home. So this is the likely source of some of his "challenges" buthe did a good clean up job in there so I suspect when I am healed I will notice improvement in things I didn't even associate with this primary problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-19-2005, 09:08 PM
Home!

Glad you are home and doing good. Your Castle story will be very helpful for the Ladies in Waiting! I remember holding on to EVERY word the Princesses had to share when they got home.
Yes, the worry is the worst!
Unread 12-20-2005, 04:54 AM
Home!

So glad everything went well for you. These posts of pre op here have eased my mind so much. I've had surgeries before and had great experiences with helpful staff, so I'm hoping for it again.
I've never had to share a room with anyone, the companionship would be nice, but the visitor thing would be tiring.
praying for a speedy healthy recovery for you
Donna
Unread 12-20-2005, 05:54 AM
Home!

WELCOME HOME!! LEt the pampering begin!!
Unread 12-20-2005, 06:08 AM
Home!

Welcome Home!

I am so happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay at the castle.

Remember to rest, drink lots of water, take short walks and NOTHING ELSE!!!

You are now an official

Best wishes to you for a speedy recovery!
Unread 12-20-2005, 08:39 AM
Home!

Glad you're home and everything went well for you! I love success stories
Unread 12-20-2005, 08:41 AM
Home!

Glad you are home and doing well!!!!! Good to read your story.......Can't wait til I can come home and say the same!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register