female trouble?bowel trouble? both? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

female trouble?bowel trouble? both? female trouble?bowel trouble? both?

Unread 12-20-2005, 05:12 AM
female trouble?bowel trouble? both?

I've had bowel trouble since I was a child. Crippling pains on and off. Diagnosed after colonoscopy with diverticulosis and IBS, small hyatal hernia, gerd from the throat scope? Its getting worse, constipated diahrea if that makes sense to anyone. According to the ultrasound my uterus is enlarged, anyone know what size a normal uterus is supposed to be in centimeters?
My issue right now is constant pressure when I sit or stand too long. I pee 10 times a day and never feel relieved. No infection. Tech also said polyps, fibroids and adenomyosis. I was looking for answers from doc, but when the nurse called me back with my results, she said she couldn't read the chart, arent they suppose to talk to doc first?
So irritated, want to put it out of my mind till appt. next week but can't.
Any info or personal experiences would help
donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2005, 08:32 AM

Gosh Donna, that sounds terrible!!!!! Can't say that I have any advice in that department, but you are in my prayers for sure!!!!! Sometimes Dr's can drive you crazy, but I guess that is why they call it a "Practice"........cuz they are still practicing!!!! He-He
Best wishes to you!!!!!
Love,
Barb
Unread 12-20-2005, 08:50 AM

I have IBS. I can usually keep a handle on it through diet. But all this peeing is driving me crazy. Last night I had a kind of salty dinner and it is the first night I have slept all night, thank goodness for water retention (but I was up 3# on the scale this morning ) I have a 5" endometrioma that is pushing my bladder and uterus over. I am going to talk to my dr about this but I am pretty sure she will expect the problem to go away after the hyst.

I wanted to let you know how you feel Hopefully your dr will enlighten you when you see him/her. Best of luck to you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-20-2005, 09:20 AM

Thanks for the feedback ladies! My son at least made my frequent visits to the bathroom interesting,,, he colored the toilet seat! Asked him why, and he said its boring to sit and wait to poop, lol. hmmm..

I suffered with regular back pain for years to find out 75 % of time it was IBS, etc.
Aggrevated with the IBS (diet helps) without total relief, now its female issues (always had them too) wreaking havoc on the IBS and the bladder...
My poor DH is wondering what he got himself into 10 yrs ago. I never paid much attention to my aches and pains till I had kids to care for.

From the looks of post ops, life will be better on the other side.
love to all
Donna
Unread 12-20-2005, 10:38 AM

I finally found a source for estimated uterus size. All I found before was that it was the size of a pear or orange.

the average uterus is about 8 cm long by 5cm wide by 2.5 cm thick; in a woman who has had a child, those measurements are about 9 by 6 by 4 cm. Since 1 inch equals 2.5 cm, in a woman who hasn't had children, the uterus is about 3 x 2 x 1 inch.

I was curious because my last measurements were 11.9 x 5.6 x 6.9
I have to know details so I can store it and move on..slight touch of OCD maybey.
Unread 12-20-2005, 07:59 PM

Donna: I am having surgery next Wednesday for female trouble and bowel trouble both! I am having a TAH and colon resection. I originally went to see a colon surgeon about diverticulitis attacks when they discovered my uterus is huge! Don't know the size, but the follow-up with the gyn, he said 5+ months size. So I am having the buy one, get one free surgery!

Renata
Unread 12-20-2005, 08:09 PM

Oh yeah, and my fibroid, or whatever the mass is, is supposedly grapefruit sized by itself. My uterus is much larger than this, and I can feel it well above my belly button when I stand. I am having a foot of colon removed where most of the diverticulae are, as well as the hysterectomy. I can relate to the bladder problems, and sneezing and coughing are a bit rough. I went through the whole humiliating urodynamics tests, only to have them prove inconclusive. They were going to also do a bladder sling at the same time, but changed their minds, I guess, due to possible contamination during the surgery. Have you gone to the dr. or er for diverticulitis attacks? I have had 2 attacks within 2 years, and I guess that is enough to call for surgery when you are only 42. I have pain when I stand for long periods of time, like sideaches, and I hope this goes away afterwards. Feel pretty tired and worn down most of the time.

Renata
Unread 12-21-2005, 12:37 PM

Thanks for all your replys. I have been to ER twice for diverticulitis. I don't know if its hereditary, but when I was in high school, my mom almost died from it. She had never been sick before, and never complained. So much for keeping things to yourself! Unlike her I can't help but talk about my issues, if I kept it in my head I would explode!!!! One of my brothers has been in ER repeatedly in past few years for same thing. One of my sisters has Chrons. Lotta as* problems in our family. hehehe
standing, sitting, especially leaning forward, all very uncomfortable. Better today, probably calm before the storm.
Going to try to at least get the wash done today.
Donna

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register