New member with lots of questions - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New member with lots of questions New member with lots of questions

Unread 01-02-2006, 07:07 AM
Hello

hello Nippy- I am from England also. As you can well see I am scheduled tomorrow for a TAH with a BSO. The only reason that is recommended is because I am so close to menopause anyway. At your age many factors will be considered by your DR's. I was put on the waiting list the end of Sept here in the Uk and I didn't get the phone call for the surgery until Dec. My preop appt was two weeks ago. In between that time they did try to do a hysteracopy but failed because the fibroid is so large it is covering my cervex. I had a ultrasound before that and that is how they discovered the fibroid which is about 7 centemeters across(at that time) You know here in England it is all a process, if it is not a life and death matter. This site has been wonderful for information and has calmed many of my fears. Knowledge is power the pre op appointment is very important as then you will sign consent forms, your various bits of family and personal history will be written down and blood work will be drawn. They will also want a urine sample. They will give you several leaflets on what to expect, what to bring, visiting hours, explain the PCA pump to you, which is your pain medication on call- you push a button and wah lah you get just the right amount to alleviate any pain. They told me I would be in the hospital five days, until Sunday with no complications, longer if there is any, obviously. I will be off work 2 months but I can have three if I need it. I wish you the best.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 07:12 AM
New member with lots of questions

Thanks for your reply and the best of luck for tomorrow,my thoughts will be with you completely. Easy for me to say but try not to worry too much and i wish you a very quick ansd speedy recovery. All the best! xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register