Anxiety getting the best of me. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anxiety getting the best of me. Anxiety getting the best of me.

Unread 12-22-2005, 07:17 AM
Anxiety getting the best of me.

Christmas stress is expected, but with everything else going on Its just overwhelming.
Our relationship with my inlaws is sketchy as is, but my DH's daughter lives with them and has since she was an infant, and it makes things worse. He had to call them yesterday and tell them we wouldn't be able to attend their christmas party. He said his christmas spirit was lacking this year, due to major financial hardship, and wouldn't be able to buy gifts for anyone. His step mom is a cold fish and could care less if we were there, but I especially wanted to see his niece and nephews. Her response was just make sure your child support gets taken care before you buy anything. We were not requesting an out on that, our concenience couldn't deal with it, but shes so crass I want to scream.
We have 2 of our own. They are awesome and loving, and are looking forward to the holidays even though I have been a miserable screaming witch, who cries all the time. I will be able to get things for them on Friday so that is a relief, but I"m afraid I will ruin it for them if aunt flo makes her visit. I called my doc, but they had no suggestions except to take the adavan I get for pms. I've had more pain then usual, and felt like a pulled something when I was sweeping yesterday. How lame is that??
I meet with my doc on 12/28 to start surg. preparations, I'm terrified they are going to put if off for months. I did manage to ease some of my worries by getting a list of urogynecologists from my hosp. directory and called them to try and help speed things up. A surgeon I had before said he would check my files when he was on duty this weekend, and would put some notes in it to help. What other tests are required before surgery? I'm sure I read about it in other posts but my mind is too full to remember.
Thanks for letting me vent here....I would go insane without this right now.
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 07:29 AM

I feel for you Donna, family can be very hard to deal with at times. But enjoy your dh and your dc and have a wonderful holiday. Sometimes I think a holiday can be what you make it, and except for the family problems, ignore them and enjoy what you have. I have some family issues that really get to me at this time of year, but I know I have made my attempts (several) and now I leave the ball in the other court, and just enjoy what family I DO have........
Surround yourself with love, and you guys will make it through!!!!!
Happy Holidays to you and yours!!!!
Love,
Barb
Unread 12-22-2005, 08:36 AM

Family, holidays, money concerns, and AF do not mix. I feel your pain

Hang in there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-22-2005, 01:26 PM

Hey Donna ~

Major Huge to YOU today!! I'm sorry that you're feeling such stress.... and it sounds like you've got some pretty big issues to feel that stress over!! Bless your heart!! I totally understand the financial stress.... and I also can relate to the 'child support' issues. My hubby has a son, who is now 25, but we paid huge child support on his boy for 12 years.... and there were times when it was really hard.... I adore my stepson (he's a brand new lawyer... isn't that cool?? I'm SO proud of him!!)..... but I do remember those struggling years... with the child support and then supporting the children that we had together. I'm sorry that your step mother-in-law is such a thoughtless & cold kind of person!! Don't let her ruin your holidays!! Just think of what an unhappy person she must be.... because only people who are unhappy with themselves treat others in that fashion..... but try not to let her get you down!! Okay?? I know, I know.... sometimes it's easier said than done, isn't it?? (((MORE HUGS)))

Right now.... just concentrate on taking care of YOU.... and try, each day, to find a few moments here and there to pamper yourself.... and be good to yourself.... AND.... by all means, Donna, KEEP POSTING on this site..... it seems like such an awesome place!! I'm still pretty new here myself... but am already feeling a part of things here & loving it!!

Hang in there, Sweetie..... try to find one little thing to smile about and feel blessed about each hour.... and take it all one hour at a time.....or one minute at a time... if that is easier.

Take Care ~
Kim K.
Unread 12-22-2005, 04:22 PM

Thanks for the wonderful support all of you. My day is finishing with better thoughts then when it started. My kids have not asked if we are going to see grandparents which is a relief. They have only spent a total of 1 hour with them this whole year and they live 7 miles away. They have come to except things as they are, they have my family, and they can count on them. They probably won't see their sister till the following weekend because their other grandmother is suppose to take her during vacation which is a good thing for her, she will get a break from all the negetivity.
Going to snuggle with my DD n DS till bedtime, DH is playing darts for stress relief.
Again, you all are awesome!!! Tomorrow is a new day, if I can get some sleep and shopping done I will be good to go.
((hugs )) to all
Donna
p.s. if flo doesn't come till christmas night at least all will be peaceful!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register