Anyone fully shave pubic area regularly? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone fully shave pubic area regularly? Anyone fully shave pubic area regularly?

Unread 12-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Anyone fully shave pubic area regularly?

Hi ladies!

I was just wondering how to get away from the itchiness of the pubic hair growing back! I love the "clean shave" all over but am at a loss of how to stop the itch between shaves! Or do you have to shave really often?

TIA!!!!
Leah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2005, 10:00 PM

Yes, I have been shaving it all off. Shave often and the itching will subside. I do it every other day, same as my legs. Your skin will just get tougher, at least mine did. My advice to you is to always shave in the direction of the hair growth. This will prevent any ingrown hairs. I generally wax the whole area but have been shaving because I am already in enough pain. With this darn discharge and the heavy bleeding before hyster, it just feels cleaner to me. I will go back to waxing once I can manage the contortionist action it takes to wax.

Renee
Unread 12-21-2005, 10:48 PM

I have shaved my pubic region in FULL for about the past several years. It's been a long time. I shave it every other day, no pubic hair at all.

It is neater, cleaner, and no bother when you do it all the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-21-2005, 10:51 PM

Thanks Renee, that's great advice! I'm willing to try waxing but not until my pain is down to a zero for the bending and twisting and such. I too feel cleaner when fully shaved... now to just get over the itchies, lol.

Leah
Unread 12-21-2005, 10:52 PM

Hi Darend,
So no itching after doing it for so many years?

Leah
Unread 12-21-2005, 11:20 PM

It only itches if I let it begin to grow back. In between shaves, no problem. I like it and my DH likes it.
Unread 12-21-2005, 11:57 PM

ACK! No! I let the freak flag fly!!! I may trim it from time to time, but thats as far as I go. Scratching my crotch just isnt sexy.
Unread 12-22-2005, 01:24 AM

Hey, funny side note on this...I shave too and after my TAH the nurse said thank you, saved her a few minutes as she didn't have to "trim me up before surgery" - ha - thought was funny. She didn't know this has become part of my routine. Thank goodness have more freedom of movement now as you do have to be a bit "flexible" - ha. I have found that a little powder helps the itch. Have a Merry Christmas :}
Unread 12-22-2005, 05:17 AM

try waxing
once you get in the habit it takes about 4-6 weeks to grow back, and the itch becomes less and less
cheers
kaz x
ps: beware of ingrown hairs - gentle loofah & teatree oil helps
Unread 12-22-2005, 05:51 AM

I shave it all. BUt I don't have the guts to wax that. I have my eyebrows and upper lip done just yesterday. That was enough. I don't think I could have that done. I hate the exams from the dr. I don't want some other lady poking around trying to find hairs that got away. LOL Dawn

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register