how about a movie on day 12 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

how about a movie on day 12 how about a movie on day 12

Unread 12-26-2005, 03:40 PM
how about a movie on day 12

Do you think going out to a movie with my husband 12 days after surgery is to soon? I feel great and am bored to tears!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2005, 04:10 PM

If you feel up to it then go. But also be ready to leave if you start feeling sore from sitting to long. I know the borderm thing all to well my first few weeks thought I was going to lose my mind. Have a great time if you go. If not how about just a drive for a cup of coffee and dessert somewhere. Remember its not just a movie. Its a car ride there stairs to get in perhaps. Stairs to where you are going to sit. Sitting for a long period of time without being able to really spread out. Stairs to go back out. Car ride home. Ah the things we took for granted. Good old days of just a movie. What ever you decide have a great time and relax. Robin
Unread 12-26-2005, 04:42 PM

If you feel up to it, I would think it is okay. I remember I went to church around day 9 or 10. You'll want to bring your pillow for supporting your back. Heck, bring your blankey too! Just make sure that you don't walk on any ice or snow. It's winter so be VERY careful!

Enjoy!

Blessings,

~Lilbelle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-26-2005, 04:50 PM

Hi art canary!

I think you have been given some good advice. I might also suggest that you have your husband drop you off at the front door of the theater (while he parks the car) and that you go sit on a bench and wait while he stands in line and buys the tickets. He must remember to "Pamper the Princess" at all times during your outing!

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 12-26-2005, 04:57 PM

If you feel good, go! I went shopping today for 3 hours, and still feel okay. It was just walking, but feels good to get out and be 'normal'. ; ) Maybe I too will go out to a movie tonight with the family. Unless the husband is too tired from work...
Unread 12-27-2005, 07:24 AM

I think that going to movies save me from going insane after my surgery! I only had to drive 7 miles to get there, but as the other ladies said walking, stairs, sitting can all be bothersome so take it easy!

Our theater is in the mall and on the 3rd floor at that. I did not feel guilty in the least borrowing one of those motorized chairs so scoot around the mall in! It sure was ton's nicer than sitting at home stairing at the walls all of the time.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register