6 days to Go - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 12-28-2005, 11:52 PM
6 days to Go

Hi All, I have 13 days to go and I am alternately scared, confident and worried. This site has been a big help in getting ready and Thank God for it!!! I have never had to go thru anything like this before, so it is all new. The only other time I have been in the hospital was to have my son and that was 30 yrs ago!!!! Your sister is definitely watching over you at this time. I firmly believe this! All our loved ones who have passed are watching over us at this time of our lives. Take care everyone, AdriaL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 06:33 AM
5 Days

hello Everyone- this is really strange. I wrote my little blog yesterday. My Mom wrote me last night, and she told me when you go in the surgery, I will be standing there holding your hand.What is strange is my Mom will be in surgery on the same day as me to find out whether she has a cancerous tumor in her small intestine, in Salt Lake City. My dog is acting strange, she won't leave my side. I put her outside and then called her back in and she wouldn't come. She just stood there staring at me. I got some dog treats out to entice her in and she wouldn't even come in for them. She just stared at me, like I was an apparition. I just know if animals could talk they could tell us they see into the spiritual world. Maybe she was seeing my sister or angels all around me! My daughter lives in Okla and she said she is finding this really hard, with her Grandma and her Mom both going in for surgery on the same day. It will be ok, It will be ok, It will be ok! I have to keep repeating that to myself. Love, Cath
Unread 12-29-2005, 06:45 AM
6 days to Go

Hi friend,I`m sending you all hug`s you,your daughter and your Mom. God Bless You all. My prayers are that God gives all of you exactly what you need when you need it most
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 07:05 AM
Waiting game!

I read your notes and just felt encouraged by them. I truly believe that your sister will be there with you during surgery. I am having surgery on 1/6 and my mom just passed away on 12/13 and I know she will be there with me. I am so glad a friend told me about this site, it's really helpful to know you're not alone. Any kind of surgery is a difficult thing, fear of the unknown. We will survive!! Happy New Year to all of you. 2006 will be a wonderful year, I just have a feeling. No more fear of when the next "flood" will occur and I will even be able to wear non-black pants!! Hooray. . . ML
Unread 12-29-2005, 07:46 AM
6 days to Go

Hi Cath,

I wish you all the best. I believe in guardian angels. My mother passed away over 6 years ago and I believe she was with me during my surgery. I also believe that our loved ones who have passed on watch over us and are there for us in our time of need. Your sister was communicating thru your mother to let you know she will be there for you. She was also letting you know she's here for you by your dog's strange behavior.

You must believe that things will be okay because your sister wouldn't have it any other way.

I wish the best for you, your mother, and your daughter. Your sister is watching over all of you and she will be there for each of you.

God Bless you all. 's
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:48 AM
6 days to Go

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and prayers ! This site has been a God send for this time in our lives. Can I add another saga on about loved ones that have passed on? About a month ago, I had a dream and in it my Dad was coming down our garden path, and he was so happy because he was coming to visit me, he had some people with him but i couldn't honestly tell you who they were. My Dad passed away about 8 years ago now. When I woke up from that dream I was in a cold sweat, and it didn't comfort me, I was frightened. It was so real.My daughter earlier this year had a dream that I died(this is before the fibroid, heavy bleeding problem). She was so frightened by the dream that she emailed me and said Mom just send me one word if you can to let me know you are still alive. The strangest thing about it all is I am not afraid, I am calm in my inner self. My mind wants to play up at certain times but deep down I know that whatever happens it will be ok. Thanks everyone again for all your kind thoughts. I hope that this is helping people. You all are the best princesses in the world.
Unread 12-29-2005, 12:03 PM
6 days to Go

Hi ladies I am coming up to my 2 year anniversary (Jan 5) and I will be thinking of you all. I remember as if it were yesterday spending christmas and new years wishing it to be over quickly so that I could get this over with. Got myself worked up into a quiet frenzy, (kept it inside and stayed calm on the outside). Turned out it wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, pain was managed with a morph pump and I enjoyed some quiet restful days in hospital before coming home. Now my niece who is in her late 20 and has two children is scheduled for her hyst on Jan 3. She has had to fight tooth and nail to get this done because of her age. Although she really needs it (cyst, fiberoids, etc) the Dr's have been reluctant but her quality of life isnt there, as I am sure you can all relate to.

I will be thinking of you all and please keep us posted on how you are doing.

Cynthia
Unread 12-29-2005, 12:36 PM
6 days to Go

I will pray for your niece that everything will be ok for her. Psychologically it must be so much harder to have a hystero when you are young and still able to have children. Thanks for your encouraging words. Cath
Unread 12-29-2005, 02:03 PM
6 days to Go

Hi Ladies, you are all in my prayers!!!!!!
About your dog, yes, I wonder sometimes what they see or can sense........I know when I am ill, I can tell my dog knows because she gets real lovey dovey with me, it is wild!!!!! But at the same time, very comforting!!!!
Unread 12-29-2005, 02:14 PM
6 days to Go

I just had full surgery (TAH) and had my appendix out on December 7th and survived with flying colors. Since I'm only 47 it has thrown me into menopause. Thats what I am fighting, hot flashes, sweating, and sometimes some nausea. I have finally gotten into my first pair of blue jeans and feels good. Yeah, I'm still sore but trying to look on the bright side, day by day. I am hoping to go back to work on Jan. 9th.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register