1 Week Before My Hysterectomy - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Week Before My Hysterectomy 1 Week Before My Hysterectomy

Unread 12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
1 Week Before My Hysterectomy

My surgery is on the 4th of January too. I am very anxious to get it over with. I have bled so hard that I can't believe I am alive. LOL...I am worried about the pain more then anything after the surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2005, 01:55 PM

Sounds like we will all be in Post-Op at the same time!!!!!!! Thats good, we will be able to comfort each other!!!!!!
Unread 12-28-2005, 01:56 PM

i have my surgery on Friday, I also am counting the days, but I am also afraid of the unknown, But I know i am in good hands. I am very concerened about the weight gain /it has to come off fast, I am looking forward to our anniversary vacation in March. That is goal and get this over and feel so much better for our vacation. Any last minute advice and thought would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-28-2005, 02:00 PM

Hi Sarah.......I am feeling that too, I just know I gained a few pounds from all that I ate over the holiday.......No advice to give, as i am in the same boat, but wanted to say hi!!!!!! I am just trying to do my best at watching what I eat from now until surgery, and then after recovery, I plan on getting back on the treadmill and maybe going back to the fitness center here by my work on my lunch hour!!!!!
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:02 PM
1 week also

We will all be good hands, the good Lord will be watching us from above!!! I have 100% faith in my doctor which give me some piece of mind.
Here's a stupid question....does anyone know how much we will bleed (vaginally) from the surgery?
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:02 PM

as on one of the other threads posted by
a "surgical nurse" stating that we MUST
go into this with Faith & Positive attitude
both of which help the "healing process"

I'll admit, I sorta went bonkers beforehand too.
(I blame that on mood swings, medication & pain)

Ladies, if I had known I would of felt this
good afterwards, I would of had it done
4 years ago, saving myself alot of suffering.

Wish each & everyone of you the very best
Hugs & Prayers
God Bless
Ronda
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:03 PM
1 more day

[font=Comic Sans MS][quote=2438]Hi Sarah.......I am feeling that too, I just know I gained a few pounds from all that I ate over the holiday.......No advice to give, as i am in the same boat, but wanted to say hi!!!!!! I am just trying to do my best at watching what I eat from now until surgery, and then after recovery, I plan on getting back on the treadmill and maybe going back to the fitness center here by my work on my lunch hour!!!!
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:04 PM

I have been on lupon shots, and that is where i have gained all my water weight, i have watched it creep up each month, not a good thing, but i pray it comes off shortly
thanks
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:06 PM
1 week also

Sarah,
I am really freaked out about weight gain (along with some other things like my sex drive!). I've been going to the gym now for almost 2 years and have lost about 20 pounds. I am so worried about gaining weight! I went today on my lunch hour. I've been really working on my stomach muscles!
Deana
Unread 12-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Cheer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty1
i have my surgery on Friday, I also am counting the days, but I am also afraid of the unknown, But I know i am in good hands. I am very concerened about the weight gain /it has to come off fast, I am looking forward to our anniversary vacation in March. That is goal and get this over and feel so much better for our vacation. Any last minute advice and thought would be greatly appreciated
thanks
Sarah
Good news to possibly look forward to!
I have lost 16 pounds since my surgery
7 weeks ago... you might do the same!

God Bless
Ronda

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register