Will Know Today - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Will Know Today Will Know Today

Unread 12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Will Know Today

Hi Lizzabee,

We are glad to hear that your appointment went well with your Dr.

Sounds like you are going to have a SAH (Subtotal Abdominal Hysterectomy). The surgery retains the cervix and ovaries, if you are a candidate. You will find several SAH ladies on Hyster Sisters at any given time. I am sure they will be able to help you with your specific questions.

Best wishes again,

Mary
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 09:42 AM
Will Know Today

Hi, I am so glad all went well with your appointment. Best wishes to you! Melanie
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:27 AM
Will Know Today

Melanie, Thanks For Your Well Wishes. I Appreciate It. I Hope You Find Out About Your Date Today As Opposed To Tomorrow. The Waiting Is The Worst. I Just Got A Call From The Dr And Was Told I Was Rescheduled For The 16th As Opposed To The 9th. Another Week To Wait. Ugh!!! It Gives Me An Extra Week To Prepare. Always Try To Look On The Bright Side Of Things. Good Luck To You.
Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 11:33 AM
Will Know Today

Mary,
Thanks For The Info Yesterday On Which Types Of Hysts To Discuss With The Dr. I Did Just That. At First, Because It Was My Choice Of Which I Wanted, I Was Going For The Lsh. Because It Kept Both Ovaries And Cervix, And Because It Is Reported With The Least Amount Of Recovery Time. But When Discussing With The Dr There Are 5 Incisions To Heal As Opposed To One. And Also No Matter How Skilled The Surgeon There Is Always The Chance Of Nicking The Bowel Or Bladder With The Lap Instruments. I'd Prefer The Extra Weeks Of Recovery Time To The Possibility Of Months Of Repair Work For Nicked Organs. Again Thanks For The Info.
Kris
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:36 AM
Will Know Today

Hi Kris, Thanks for the note. I am STILL waiting. Ugh! This waiting is the absolute worst. I hope I have a little time to prepare as well. Maybe our surgeries will be around the same time... if so would you like to keep in touch? Best of luck to you. Melanie P.s. Happy New Year.
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:43 AM
Will Know Today

Melanie,
Even If Our Surgeries Are Some Time Apart We Can Still Keep In Touch. Have You Even Found Out Yet Which Type Of Surgery You Are Having? Or Do You Have To Wait For The Scheduling To Find Out? Happy New Year To You Also!!!
Kris
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:57 AM
Will Know Today

Hi Lizzabee,

I am glad you have decided on a surgery of our choice. With my LSH, I had 3 small incisions. I had a belly button incision ( for the laparoscope camera) and two small hip incisions. Some ladies I have read have 4 incisions with one near the pubic bone. I wonder what the 5th incision is.

From being on Hyster Sisters over a year, I have seen replies that show that ~all~ hyst types have a chance of nicking organs, not just laparoscopic surgery. In my research of laparoscopic surgery, it seems that the surgeon can get a better view since the surgery is projected on to a large t.v. monitor in the surgery room.

I think with a laparoscopic surgery ( LAVH, LSH, TLH), it is just important to be a ~good~ candidate for that type of hyst. For me, I had a text book recovery and since I was a candidate, a less invasive surgery was more desirable then having many weeks of recovery in post-op.

Best wishes again,

Mary
Unread 12-29-2005, 11:58 AM
Will Know Today

Hi Kris, Lets plan to keep in touch. I am planning on having an abdominal hyst and get to keep my overies and my cervix. I hope this is my last Aunt Flo.... she has really worn out her welcome. Take care! Melanie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register