Not bad at all! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Not bad at all! Not bad at all!

Unread 12-29-2005, 08:50 AM
Not bad at all!

Just got home from the hospital and boy was I ever surprised! I had a LAVH BSO on Tuesday. I could have come home yesterday but I had an alergic reaction to the percocet and ended up itching all over. I was convinced this was going to be the worst pain ever and that I would be miserable. I was up walking Tuesday night and it didn't bother me much at all. I'm doing so well that I wanted everyone to know. On a scale from 1 -10 (which you are asked a lot) I never got over a 3. My montly cramps puts this pain to shame! I'm barely in the uncomfortable zone.

My Dr. put me on the patch for hormones but I haven't noticed any difference in my moods or anything yet. I'm sure I have that to look forward to. I'll keep you posted. I'm off to watch a movie.

Yvette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-29-2005, 09:36 AM
Not bad at all!

Hey, sister! Welcome home.

Your experience sounds a little like mine. I think I was pretty much a 4-6 in the hospital overnight, but the worst part was really the reaction to morphine, I think. Once I got off the i.v. morphine, I was great. My migraines were a 15 on the pain scale compared to this!!! I'm glad you're feeling good -- don't take that as a sign to do anything but rest!!!
Unread 12-29-2005, 09:54 AM
Not bad at all!

So glad to hear you are welll!!!! Good for you!!!! That gives me high hopes for the future, and like you ladies say, I will be glad to suffer a little for a little while, to get rid of the pain we all deal with every month!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 07:52 AM
Not bad at all!

Welcome home, !!

I'm glad you're feeling well. Let the pampering begin!!

Unread 12-30-2005, 09:58 AM
Not bad at all!

Those of you on the front side of this...I can tell you from the back side:
You are SO not going to miss the pain. Oh, and the blood, you are SO not going to miss that either. And the constant panic of public accidents...nope wont miss that.
Just remember everyone reacts differently to this. And it may be a (you know what) for the first few weeks/months after, but in the long run, its going to be worth it.
When you get nervous, just think about having a 'underwear/sheet burning party'.
Unread 12-30-2005, 12:49 PM
Not bad at all!

Glad you came home feeling so good. It helps hearing this ... a lot. I am more worried about how I am going to look and feel afterwards than the procedure itself. I will be so frustrated not being able to go to the gym, do weights, or swim, people might think it is horomones but probably just crabby me 'cause I won't be able to go workout!
Unread 12-30-2005, 01:30 PM
Not bad at all!

Hi Iwaveatcows-
I'm going to the castle January 19 and have the same worry! I'm used to working out every day and I'm afraid I'll go crazy during recovery. I'm not finding enough info on Hysteritaville to help me plan for fitness after surgery....
Unread 12-30-2005, 01:34 PM
Not bad at all!

I agree with you on that! I know I am not supposed to over do things and that is okay BUT what is over doing for one person as opposed to me. I had gall bladder surgery two years ago and the recovery was a breeze. I can remember the tugging and pulling when I was doing laps in the pool but it was something I just worked through and then I was fine. An instructor friend of mine said she was back on the spin bike in six weeks so I am hoping maybe I can be earlier (please). With my c-section I was running 4 miles and doing sit ups after week 4 (even before sex)!!!
Unread 12-30-2005, 01:38 PM
Not bad at all!

Yes! I'm not going to win any swimsuit contests, now or later- but some of us have routines of being very active. I consider my workout as important as brushing my teeth each day. It will be difficult for me to be happy walking up and down the hallway post op.
Unread 12-30-2005, 02:30 PM
Not bad at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albob
Hi Iwaveatcows-
I'm going to the castle January 19 and have the same worry! I'm used to working out every day and I'm afraid I'll go crazy during recovery. I'm not finding enough info on Hysteritaville to help me plan for fitness after surgery....
The main thing is to take it slow and easy. Don't rush your recovery. Walking is good, but slow and short distances at first. Check with your doctor before resuming any exercise program. Everyone is different, there is not a set time frame or set exercise regime that will be the same for everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register