Hi, I'm new at this - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hi, I'm new at this Hi, I'm new at this

Unread 12-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi, I'm new at this

oceanozzie,
Hi again!
I am also what the doc's call "morbidly obese"--I hate that term!!!--anyway, my uterus was at the 22 wk size when I made the hyst decision. I have actually lost some weight. Gone down a pant size and a shirt size. I also have lost my appetite for certain foods: I have no desire for cheese, for example. I used to love cheese...now I can take it or leave it. Same with pizza, havent had it since my surgery. I am hoping that this loss will continue...I am trying to change a lot of my lifestyle habits.

I also found that after my surgery my whole body image changed. I am far more accepting of myself; a lot less critical. I guess that after seeing how valiantly my body fought to recover from such an invasive procedure, I have learned to respect & honour my self.

This surgery is such a changing force...I think especially when you are at the middle age road in life like we are.

I know that when the final weeks then days were passing by before my surgery date, I couldent wait to get it over with---to just END the anxiety and fears and questions!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Hi, I'm new at this

Thanks for the kind words cazcan! I totally love cheese too. I think I craved during my pregnancy and now during my period. Maybe I will lose that too. That would be a good start. But I know everyone is different so I will just have to wait and see. Thanks for talking with me!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register