I have an appt. with the gastro doc finally, but something scary happened tonight. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have an appt. with the gastro doc finally, but something scary happened tonight. I have an appt. with the gastro doc finally, but something scary happened tonight.

Unread 12-29-2005, 10:12 PM
I have an appt. with the gastro doc finally, but something scary happened tonight.

I have had an awful time post hyst. with constipation. I also have had some bleeding with my BM'S, from the constipation. I have been to my regular doctor about this several times. She has examined me (several times) and has diagnosed me with hemorrhoids. Both internal and external. She has even said that the tissue down there is very swollen. Most of the time now, I have to push on the area between my rectum and vagina to even be able to get the poop out. (Im sorry if this is gross.) Tonight however, I got really scared after I looked in the toilet after I had finished using the bathroom. I had to push on the area between my rectum and vagina, and strain hard to go, but there was more blood in the toilet than I have ever seen before. The were even little clots of blood on the toilet paper. After I finished wiping, the bleeding stopped, but I am very sore down there. The stool was hard, and it was large also. Can you have alot of bleeding just from hemorrhoids?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 12:29 AM
I have an appt. with the gastro doc finally, but something scary happened tonight.

Yes, you can... I had quite a bit at one point from internal hemmorhoids. The gastroenterologist encouraged me to use Preparation H internal suppositories and Fleet wipes until it stopped, which it did in just a few days.

I'd call the DR and ask, though, just to be sure.

s,
-Linda
Unread 12-30-2005, 07:57 PM

My goodness that sounds so painful! Are you taking lots of fiber in the form of veggies, fruits, metamucil, fibercon, grains, etc? Stool softners really help with softening things so you do not have to strain which is only going to make your hemmrhoids worse and could cause other problems as well. Drinking lots and lots of water helps too. I have the external hemmrhoids..I'm not sure whether I have internal ones or not...and sometimes mine do bleed, but if I stay on stool softners and lots of fiber and water it really helps. Good luck! I know you must be in pain.
Sherry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 07:15 PM

I have them sometimes, but they don't usually cause me that type of problem. When they do though I know I haven't been eating enough veggies, drinking enough fluids,etc. I was put on Myralax, colace, and metamucil. It does help. You have to make sure to keep it up. I was doing really well using this regeim. Then I was in the hospital and had my back surgery and they didn't give me my stuff. A day after I came home I had a nightmare trying to go. It was absolutely awful. All I could do was sit on my bedside potty chair and cry, I know what you are going through. Once I got back on my stuff, things improved greatly. Now I only take 1 colace a day and usually have a bm every morning. My back surgery has seemed to solve my bm problem. I had spinal stenosis in two areas. Once the nerves were decompressed I was so much better.
Drink, drink and drink. That should help alot.
Good luck !
Peggy
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:32 PM

Have a good talk with your gastro doctor about your bm problems. My colorectal doctor didn't like the idea of me reaching in and 'helping' myself go - he suggested that I give myself a warm water enema when I feel constipated. That has helped me so much - I have been doing it for 4 years now. I still don't know if I can have surgery for the rectocele - but at least it's manageable. Oh I also take colace twice a day, eat high fiber cereal and only drink water. Good luck to you.
Unread 01-06-2006, 04:27 PM

I had so much trouble, all the fiber and water and softeners still didn't do it. I just realized that fish oil tabs help me A LOT!!! I take 6 a day, (they're cheap too) ask your dr. if it's ok first, I was told they thin the blood.
Cathy
Unread 01-11-2006, 05:19 PM
rectal bleeding

Yes they can bleed alot, they can rupture and soak your pants.
Unread 01-11-2006, 06:16 PM

My appt. with the gastr doc is this Fri. Jan 13. Geez, I just realized thats Fri. the 13th!! Ughhhh!!!!

Anyway ............. I have managed to keep my little problem under control for the most part. I have been using the Tucks pads and Prep-H supp. I know she is probally going to want to do a colonoscopy, which I am not looking forward to!!
Unread 01-11-2006, 10:53 PM

Aw, you can handle a colonoscopy... they sedate you (I had tons of Versed with mine) and you won't really even know where you are. Then you'll wake up and go home. The prep is the worst part of the whole experience.

s,
-Linda
Unread 01-14-2006, 10:15 PM

I just had hernia repair surgery (hernia dates back to my TAH from last summer, but I could not go through with the surgery until now due to a brand new teaching job). I, too, am struggling with bowel movements again, and had a terrible time with the first one after surgery. I've been on stool softeners since June. I have so much pain in my rectum. I know I have hemmorhoids, but now Im thinking I might have a rectal tear or something. Guess Im gonna hafta make ANOTHER dr. appt. soon. Also feeling extremely depressed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register