5 Days to go and I woke up to a empty house! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 Days to go and I woke up to a empty house! 5 Days to go and I woke up to a empty house!

Unread 12-30-2005, 07:55 AM
5 Days to go and I woke up to a empty house!

Hello Everyone

Yes, 5 days to go. My fears and worries are starting to set in. Holidays over. Divorce over. And this morning for the first time since I do not remember, I woke up to a empty house. My children had sleep overs at their friends houses.
The quietness is nice for a change. I am now on medical leave as you would call it. I finished work yesturday until I am recoped from surgery to go back. So this morning there has been no hustle and bustle of getting children to school or me getting ready for work. I like the peace but I love the craziness with the children in the mornings. So I am laid back, drinking my coffee, checking my email and just setting here with a blank mind, but yet a worried soul of what will happen.
I have a quietness within me. I have had many changes through this past year and as I set here being still and think, I know after 18 years of marriage, the divorce was a proper thing. I know when I had my lumpectomy this year, it was the proper thing. I know when I moved my children to a new school district, it was the proper thing. I know when I made the decision to go back to work it was the proper thing. I know when my Doctor and I made the decision to do the hysterectomy that is was too the proper thing to do. I need me to be healthy and strong, not weak and sick all the time.
I made a personal medical decision that I hope will enhance my life for I finally got bogged down with the pain. So for me, I am very emotional on the inside and blank on the outside right now.
I think I need more coffee. Talk with you all again.

Sonya
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:28 AM

Sonya:
You are such a strong women, I envy you! God has put you through the test this past year and you have conquered the challenge.
Enjoy the peace and quite today! Next week will be a different story.
5 days to go sister!!!
God bless.
Unread 12-30-2005, 08:45 AM

Dear Sonya ~

I'm very proud to call you my sister.

You have taken control of your life and made decisions you know are good for you and your children.

You are a very strong courageous woman.

I know you are going to have down days, emotions will get the best of you a couple times after your hyst, but you will come back swinging.

Enjoy the quiet. I don't know what that is. DH is always home when I'm home (he's disabled). I don't mind sharing the house w/ him, and when I need me time, he's fine w/ leaving me alone to do my own thing. I just don't know what it would be like to have an empty house. The only time I have that is when he gets admitted to the hospital (a couple times a year) and then things are even more hectic around here. The dog's in a panic b/c she knows somethings wrong w/ Daddy. And I'm busy trying to juggle work and hospital visits. And then I don't sleep well b/c I know he's there.

So, what I'm getting at it is I envy the quiet you have today. Enjoy it for me too!

Ginger
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:53 AM

Quietness is something new for me with such a uproaring and hectic year. I am taking the time to enjoy it until the kids gets home. I know as I set and watch them come home from their friends houses that I will watch, smile, and listen to the craziness as they walk through the door and listen to the stories about their evening with their friends. For me, my children are my strength and for that, I thank God for he placed me in good hands.
Unread 12-30-2005, 09:00 AM

Enjoy they quiet time for sure!!!! I had some in the morning this week, my daughter has been at my parents and my sisters since she is on winter break and my dh and I both have to work, so in the morning, after my husband leaves for work, the time I usually spend getting my dd ready for school, I have been spending on the couch watching the Today show and drinking my coffee (and petting the dog too!!!)
It feels weird to have time to myself, but pleasant at the same time!!!!! I actually feel guilty feeling relaxed, because I feel funny that she's not here.......But I know she is having funny bumming around with my sis!!!
Yes, enjoy the time, you have been through soooo much........but, only the strong survive, and that is you Sister!!!!!!!!
Unread 12-30-2005, 09:23 AM

Hi Sonya!
As all the other women have said- Enjoy the quiet time for yourself. As a mother, I know it is hard to come by. My only quiet time was at the hospital. It was nice.
I too felt confident in my decision to have surgery. The nerves were there but I knew it was the best decision for me. And now at 3 and a half wks post-op I know it was and I feel really good.
All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 12-30-2005, 09:43 AM

Wow, you are a brave woman! Not sure I could do a hysterectomy and a divorce at the same time! Thank God I left my ex about 3.5 years ago! (Actually Im grateful I left him daily, but it was a traumatic event in my life) Someone here once posted comparing the events of hysterectomy and divorce and said they were similar. Please comfort us and tell us that someone is going to be available to help you around that first couple of weeks.

The good thing about taking care of all of this in one fell swoop is, in a year you arent going to know what to do with yourself! Between the new found freedom and increased energy from this, you truly will be a new woman.
Unread 12-30-2005, 09:51 AM

Sonya- you are describing exactly the way I feel. I have 4 days. I think reality is starting to set in. One of the things that scares me is next week at this time I will be in surgical menopause. The thing that scares me is what will my body do? I am also hyperthyroid which causes me to have a more excitable personality anyway. I have been very good , mainly because I just can't deal with it in my mind. I will say a prayer for you, you say a prayer for me. I am having really strong heart palpitations today. That is my first clue that I am heading towards stress out. Cath

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register