hello new here and scared to death | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hello new here and scared to death hello new here and scared to death

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:39 AM
hello new here and scared to death

Hello, I have been having intense pain and severe bleeding for years. I have been going to my family doctor to get my regular paps and everytime everything has came out normal. My family doctor prescribed my naproxin and darviset for my pain bit it just didn't seem to touch it.I was starting to think that I was just a big baby.My family doctor suggested I see a obgyn. I haven't seen one of those in years since my children are 15 and 12 and my tubes have been tied for 10 years. The obgyn first prescribed me the birth control patch to try to get bleeding under control. Well this did nothing but flip things around and I was on my period for three weeks and off for one. I went back in for a vaginal ultrasound where they catherize your uterus. This is where they found my problem. I have a very large endometriomas cyst on my right ovary. At this time my Dr discussed whether or not to remove just the right ovary or the ovary and my uterus. He explained to me that since I have these cyst that I probably have endometriomas as well. I opted for the removal of my cyst and uterus but still wondering if I made the right decision. My surgery is scheduled for January 9th and I am terrified!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 08:46 AM

Hi there Danell, I understand your pain. I have endometriosis on my ovaries and my bladder wall. I am having a TAH on Jan. 12th. I too, am very nervous, but I think we are making good decisions. I am having everything removed though, so I don't have any decisions to make on ovaires, etc.!!!!! Keep reading this site, you will find wonderful information and great comforting companionship from ladies that really know there stuff!!!!! Remember though, just advice, none of us here are doctors!!!!! But all the info. I have gotten from this site has helped me out a great deal!!!!
Best wishes and prayers to you!!!!
Unread 12-30-2005, 08:58 AM

I am 4 weeks post op TAH. I had endometriosis on both ovaries and tubes. My uterus had so much scar tissue from the endo that it had adhered to my abdominal cavity. They removed the ovary with the most severe endo and my uterus and cervix. I was left with one ovary so I dont go into menopause. I am very happy with my decision. It gets very frustrating because you think you are healing faster than your body actually is - but I dont regret having the surgery at all. This was my first invasive procedure so I really didnt know what to expect. So far the intestinal gas pains have been the worst part of the whole thing (takes a while for your intestines/bowels to get working properly again after the anesthesia.

Keep searching this site - you will find all the answers to your questions. But also keep in mind, everyone has their own experience so dont let the "bad" stuff freak you out.

Good luck, take care and listen to your doctor regarding your recovery especially.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-30-2005, 09:30 AM

Hi Danell!
I am 3 1/2 wks post op (LAVH) due to endometriosis. I know your pain. Any concerns you have no matter how small, always tell your Dr. and he/she can help you figure out the best plan of action.

I had extensive endo on my uterus, and my Dr. did some clean up on my left ovary. Due to my age and the health of my ovaries, my Dr. and I chose to leave them.

I can tell you that I have not felt this good and years. The endo pains are gone and hopefully stay that way.

All the Best,
Laurie
Unread 12-30-2005, 04:51 PM

Man, do I know about feeling freaked out about this thing. Mine is cancer so I'm a little more limited in my choices. When I found this website earlier this week I thought I was going to have to be committed but now just posting a few times and reading what others have to say has completely turned it around for me. That doesn't mean that I don't still have butterflies or that I don't feel like crying sometimes, but at least I know that I'm not alone. Good luck and stay here. It's a wonderful place.
Unread 12-30-2005, 05:01 PM

It is very scary, but like everyone has said-this site gives you a lot of information. The surgery, for me, was not that bad. It will be worth giving up all the pain I had from endometriosis, and all the other issues I had. You will be fine, and it is normal to be scared. We have all been there. Good luck on your surgery.
Unread 12-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Your not alone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danell
Hello, I have been having intense pain and severe bleeding for years. I have been going to my family doctor to get my regular paps and everytime everything has came out normal. My family doctor prescribed my naproxin and darviset for my pain bit it just didn't seem to touch it.I was starting to think that I was just a big baby.My family doctor suggested I see a obgyn. I haven't seen one of those in years since my children are 15 and 12 and my tubes have been tied for 10 years. The obgyn first prescribed me the birth control patch to try to get bleeding under control. Well this did nothing but flip things around and I was on my period for three weeks and off for one. I went back in for a vaginal ultrasound where they catherize your uterus. This is where they found my problem. I have a very large endometriomas cyst on my right ovary. At this time my Dr discussed whether or not to remove just the right ovary or the ovary and my uterus. He explained to me that since I have these cyst that I probably have endometriomas as well. I opted for the removal of my cyst and uterus but still wondering if I made the right decision. My surgery is scheduled for January 9th and I am terrified!!!!

I understand. I been having pains so bad that they stop me in my tracks and double over. i have no idea when this is going to happen. I'm scheduled for sugury March 9th. Sometimes i'm scared and then others I can not wait. I have been having troubles for about 5 years.
Unread 12-30-2005, 05:26 PM

I understand your pain. I have endometriosis and is scheduled for March 9th, I don't have a chioce they are taking everything. This site is really helpful. Before I found this site I had lots of worries, not sure. They are helpful. Good luck
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:26 PM

Thanks alot!!! This site is absolutely awesome!!! I never get on the cpu but I have been getting on this web site off and on all day. The hospital called me today to schedule my blood work and the lady asked "Do you have a POA or a living will?" I was like oh my god don't ask me that. I know it is just procedure but was not preparred for that question at ALL!!!!!! Tangibleang, When is your surgery? Thanks again ya'll for your support!
Unread 12-30-2005, 06:35 PM

Danell, I have to wait until 1/31/06! I wish it was sooner and so does my dr. I had a LEEP on 12/19 and the surgery can be no sooner than 6 weeks from that day, something to do with the risk of infection. My surgery is the day after my 6 weeks is up. In the mean time, I have lots of lists to make and lots of worrying to do, cross stitch kits and books, loose fitting pj's with no elastic and new granny panties to buy, a house to clean and a person to train to do my job. I'll be a nut until then, but then everyone who knows me would say that I'm always a nut! Luckily, I have great friends, a great family, a wonderful church and this website to get me through.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register