Managing Facial Hair?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Managing Facial Hair?? Managing Facial Hair??

Unread 12-31-2005, 01:08 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

In hte past year I have, embarrassingly, grown thick black facial hair, mostly under my chin. I have tried waxing, but it does not work. I am afraid to pluck, in my eybrows that only makes it thicker & more difficult. I have trimmed with a hair trimming scissors, but that takes a lot of management. I was wondering if anyone has this problem and has tried electrolysis or lasar treatment? I hesitate to shave, but that may be my next step.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

I have been told that I developed more facial hair than normal due to my PCO I had. I shaved it becaues it was so embarassing. I had electrolosys once and it kept the chin hair away for a few months...then it came back. I also had a lot of chin and neck line acne from the PCO.

I am curious to see how my hysterectomy is gonig to affect that now. Facial hair is an embarassing thing for me too. They claim if you shave it, it will grow more and thicker, but I can't stand it.
Unread 12-31-2005, 02:22 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

I wax mine an that's fine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2005, 04:12 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

I wax and pluck mine as well, but both my Mom and my sister claim that HRT, over time, will reduce the amount of hair growth. I'm still waiting to see if that is true, but my sister only has to shave her legs once a month.
Unread 12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

I have been shaving my chin every morning for several years now. Waxing broke me out and it would take me forever to pluck it. If I ever have a ton of money sitting around I will go and have electrolosys. Hey...I can take that kotex money and save it in a jar every month...There is an idea!
Unread 12-31-2005, 05:15 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

Well, I feel SO MUCH better to know I'm not alone in this!!
My husband and girls like to pick on me about plucking my beard...

Rozanne
Unread 12-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

Luckily mine is blonde and soft. So, I just wax it around the lip and cheek, where I mostly notice it. That seems to suffice.
Oh, Rozanne...my daughter makes it her "duty" to pluck the one black (gross) whisker that groes under my chin!
Unread 12-31-2005, 05:24 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

Hey gals, I am a hairstylist who also does waxing on people. The more you wax or tweeze ("you pluck a chick, you tweeze your brows") It does some damage to the hair follicle and it will grow out thinner and slower everytime. I know this from experience. If you think that waxing is making it worse, it is just new follicles making more hair. Shaving is fine too. Shaving makes it seem thicker when it grows back because they all grow out at the same time and they have been blunt cut so they feel thicker and more like whiskers. With waxing, when the hair grows back the end is tapered and more natural. I ma sure I confused everyone there........Keri
Unread 12-31-2005, 05:27 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

My facial hair has greatly increased since my Hyst. in June and I kept my ovaries! I can't stand body hair and it's even worse to have it on my face. I shave it and it makes my face and neck break out. Good luck to all who are dealing with it.
Unread 12-31-2005, 05:43 PM
Managing Facial Hair??

Quote:
Originally Posted by sar-gurl
Hey gals, I am a hairstylist who also does waxing on people. The more you wax or tweeze ("you pluck a chick, you tweeze your brows") It does some damage to the hair follicle and it will grow out thinner and slower everytime. I know this from experience. If you think that waxing is making it worse, it is just new follicles making more hair. Shaving is fine too. Shaving makes it seem thicker when it grows back because they all grow out at the same time and they have been blunt cut so they feel thicker and more like whiskers. With waxing, when the hair grows back the end is tapered and more natural. I ma sure I confused everyone there........Keri
Thank you for posting that! I never knew that but I did know I did'nt want face hair! Mine might have been hormonal too, I'm not sure, but I have a very muscular build and when I used to strength train at the gym and build muscle, use protein supplements etc, that's when I noticed more facial hair growth. I have no idea if the two are connected. But I suspect they are.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register