What are you wearing????? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What are you wearing????? What are you wearing?????

Unread 01-01-2006, 06:13 PM
Clothes

Hey FBX, I live here too.... I took my own underwear and pads. I really didn't like the one's in the hospital here. That made me feel a little better. I couldn't wear my jeans home and have been in pj bottoms since my surgery on Dec 8th. If you have any questions feel free to send me a message. Good Luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2006, 06:27 PM
What are you wearing?????

Like many others already said, I was given a hospital gown, opening in the back, the morning of surgery. Had to take off underwear (I don't believe I even wore a bra to the hospital it was so early in the morning). I can't remember if I kept my socks on or not, but the day after surgery I put on a pair I brought with me that were super fuzzy (I have this thing about soft things). I wore the fuzzy socks and had someone bring me my fuzzy blanket. I couldn't get comfortable in the hospital bed, so I spent 4 of my 5 nights sleeping, well, trying to sleep, in the recliner chair next to the bed. The nurses had put blankets on it, I would sit on it, they would help me recline and put pillows under my knees, and then I had my nice warm fuzzy blanket on me.

The next day I showered and put on my fuzzy pajama pants my friend made me (we call them "foobies) and a nice fuzzy oversized sweatshirt. The sleeves went up very easily for blood draws and blood pressure, and the elastic on the pants were very loose and comfortable to wear. Wearing "normal" clothes as opposed to hospital gown made me not as self conscious when I had visitors or had to walk or go to the bathroom.
Unread 01-01-2006, 08:38 PM

Ditto, I was given a hospital gown...nothing under neath it. Bring a robe, some slippers or footies, & your own PJ's for when they remove IV & Catheter. Keep this in mind...you are going to be swollen & sore...You won't be able to wear home what you wore to the castle unless it's sweat's with a draw string & big shirt. Be sure to take care of yourself afterwards..

's
Lori
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2006, 10:58 PM

I wore jeans and a sweatshirt to the hospital and was given two gowns to put on there along with the hospital issue panties and big blue footies. I stayed in a reclining chair until surgery and walked with the IV hooked up to the operating room. It was weird walking in there, but my doctor was with me. I have no recall of the trip back to my regular room, but had the morphine pump and the surgical socks on. I was not in pain and just kept pushing on the morphine pump so as not to have pain. The second day they got me up to walk. I was still in the hospital gowns, but at that point I really did not care. Everyone else paddling along in the hallway had them on too / maybe my hospital requires them, not sure about that. I showered that day and they put me back into gowns. When I went home I dressed in oversized PJ bottoms /no elastic just drawstring (hey, young gals wear them everywhere, so why not an older gal huh?) and an oversized super soft knit top. I was all about comfort at that time and still am. PJs at home and sweats when out of the house. Still haven't tried on my jeans, why rush it?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register