leg pain for new years | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

leg pain for new years leg pain for new years

Unread 01-01-2006, 06:20 AM
leg pain for new years

Well aunt flo rang in the new year with me, along with that all around belt pain in the abdomen and back, but the leg pain was the worst. I have RLS, but this was something else. It came with the cramps and hasn't let up. Has anyone else experienced this? It starts in the ab and hips and goes all the way to the ankle and foot. Pinched nerves??? Not sciatica, have had that, this was different, same thing every month for the last 6 of them. I took mido menstral complete, it worked for the first few hours, but then it was an ibuprophen 200 mg every 1/2 hr. to keep it working. That does not agree with my gerd, so had to chase it with a prevacid. Does the leg pain go away after hyst?? Please tell me it does.
My DH watched the ball drop alone this year, I woke up just after it landed and yelled to him for a kiss. He was great and said he was sorry I was hurting so much, but I feel aweful for him that he has to deal with me. We've been talking more about the surgery, (will get a date this week) I told him straight out about the no sex thing, and about the vacuuming, shopping, bill paying etc. that he will have to do. He always helps around the house but its usually team effort that motivates him!!!!
Hes been genuinely caring and understanding about all this, and I think is actually relieved about the surgery in hopes that we can move on and start to do the things we did 10 years ago, like going out, and romping around anytime we want!!! I think I will actually enjoy it for the first time in a long time too.
Thanks for all your support sisters, needed to vent,,,again....
Hope all of you have a happier and healthier New year.
Donna
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-01-2006, 07:10 AM
leg pain for new years

I was going to say that it sounded to me like the Sciatic nerve, but you mentioned that you don't think so. I have had discomfort with it a couple of times, and for me it is very much like you described.

I suffer from that pesky RLS also. Mine is worse at night, when I'm trying to relax.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register