Very emotional - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Very emotional Very emotional

Unread 01-02-2006, 06:11 AM
This too shall past

Dear Cath,

The emotions you're experiencing are "par for the course" but not to be minimized. May it comfort you to know that you are cared for and supported by all your fellow hyster sisters.

The Hyster Sister book became indispensable to me as I prepared for my visit to the castle. It's so encouraging to know that others have "been there, done that."

You're in my thoughts and prayers and so is your dear mother.

and

Platypus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Very emotional

God bless you chapelgate2 (and your mother) and all the other sisters! I am down to 48 hours. Started my period Saturday and it's a rough one. It's heavier than any of my other periods and I'm having a lot of cramping. Anxiety maybe?? Trying to be strong for my family. I don't want them to worry (husband has anxiety issues!). I am emotional today and I'm sure I will be worse the next 48 hours!
Deana
TAH 01/04/06 - endo and adeno
Unread 01-02-2006, 06:45 AM
Very emotional

https://www.hystersisters.com/photopo...&ppuser=108758 Here is a excellent picture of my Mom with her great grandson and my grandson Ryan. I have three grandsons and one granddaughter. Their names are Dalton, 6 years old,Justyce 4 yearsold, Jonah 1 years old and Ryan who is 9 months old.They are wonderful and I know why they call them grand children. They are so grand. I came to America in March of 2005 and got to know my two oldest grandchildren better after being gone for 3 years. I spoiled them to pieces and they think I am the greatest thing that has happened since sliced bread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 07:55 AM
Very emotional

I loved the pictures chapelgate2 and healing thoughts go out to both you and your Mom, and all the others who face surgery in the next while.
I know how hard it is to wait and worry. I finally reached a stage of numbness and calm, knowing that this proceedure had to happen and there was no choice in my case.
Please know that this too will pass and it's not just the strong resilient types that get through it just fine.
Unread 01-02-2006, 11:55 PM
Very emotional

I am really nervous about my decision to have TAH & bso, no hormone therapy. 4 family members with Breast cancer and I also had Phlebitis with each of the 3 pregnancies. Four years of mennorrhagia bigtime, with fibroid and cysts. Reading info on side effects of surgical menopause is scaring me. Don't get me wrong i am anxious to get rid of my problems but reading a lot of post op stuff concerns me. Hubby happy getting rid of problem but not too supportive of what I have to go through. Plus on top of that as of Jan 2\06 I am 6 weeks smoke free. Quit cold turkey. Absolutely had to because i could hardly breathe without wheezing. I was trying to improve my recovery chances. Darnit though i have gained 20 lbs. Surgery date is Jan 27th. I have had depressive periods in my life before and they were unpleasant (took medication to quit smoking and had adverse reaction). Does everyone get depressed after this operation if you get rid of both ovaries or does it depend on your frame of mind or outlook? I am looking forward to not having to carry around a bag of tampax when I am on my cycle. I can't be more than half hour away from a bathroom. Also, a lot of mixed remarks about the sex life after. Is it any good afterwards or not?
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Very emotional

Beautiful pictures!!!!! My prayers are with you and your Mom!!!!! We will all be on the other side sooner than we know it!!!!
God Bless!!!
Barb
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:50 AM
Very emotional

hugs and good thoughts to you. Take a break and a bath. Relax and know that you will be in your surgeons caring hands that will be guided by God. I hope you are feeling better soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register