Just packed my bag!!!! - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just packed my bag!!!! Just packed my bag!!!!

Unread 01-02-2006, 06:09 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

My surgery is at 8am I need to report to the hospital at 6am. Here I sit . I am already to go and not nervous one bit. Tomorrow maybe a different story but as of now as is well
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

I am having surgery tomorrow as well. Not a hyster, but a vulvectomy.

I packed similar to you for my hyuster. I did find that I felt "more human" in my own jammies rather than those backless hospital gowns. JMHO though. My nurses encourgaed me to wear my own pajamas. Besides, they are much more comfortable than the stiff gowns.

Best wishes tomorrow.
Unread 01-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

Hey Kellie...sending a hug your way...I'm nervous too and just keep telling myself that "this time tomorrow it will be over". My biggest thing is that I don't like being put to sleep. I think it's a control issue! Anyway, I just took a loooonngg hot bath because I understand it will be a while before I can do that again, and it really did relax me. Now, I'm getting ready to really hydrate for the next three hours! That's another thing that is bad for me, because I go to bed each night with a glass of water on my nightstand! Good luck to you and let's all get on the boards as soon as we can to help each other through recovery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

All of you ladies scheduled will be just fine. It was so much better than I had imagined. I am at 3 weeks, and truly glad I had it done. No more nasty fibroids, end-less bleeding and huge uterus. Thank God you're getting rid of all those problems. He will bless you with a speedy recovery!!!!
Unread 01-03-2006, 05:29 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtoney
Good luck chapelgate2! Mine is wednesday...looking forward to your postings on the post-op page!!!!! I started packing a few days ago! I also packed shower stuff, ie; shampoo, razor, soap, etc. (not sure if you take a shower at the hospital, but thought, just in case). I am looking forward to my trip to the castle. I can't wait to get it over with and get back home to begin my recovery!
Good Luck and God Bless!!
Deana
good luck to you tomorrow! Will pray for your speedy recovery! :
Unread 01-03-2006, 05:30 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

so sorry...new to this !!!! hopefully I will get the hang of it soon!! I will just have to practice while I am off !! lol
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:31 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

Good Luck Ladies! I pray for you all to have a speedy recovery. I have a while yet. Can't wait to read your experiences at the castle! ((((Hugs and prayers!))))
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:01 PM
Sending Warmth and Prayers

Good luck chapelgate and also to those going in tomorrow. I still have a bit before I go (the 12th) Your all going to do just great and be fine. I just need to keep telling MYSELF that (grin) My insurance only covered me for 1 day , ummm excuse me , I'm having all my insides ripped out, do you honestly think I can go home in 1 day ? They kind of laughed at that when I called them. They said it's normal procedure to approve one day first and then if the doc says more then it's fine and they will cover it. I'm hoping no more than 3 days since I'm having a TVH. Oh what is BSO ? that's on my paper too. I'm sure it's somewhere on the site here I just need to go look more. Anyway, blessing being sent for all. let us know how you are when you are able

Deb
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:04 PM
Just packed my bag!!!!

Good luck to you. Sounds like you are ready to go.
Unread 01-04-2006, 04:13 AM
Just packed my bag!!!!

hi im going in at 8pm tonight and i still havnt pack im scared i think maybe i will do it at 4pm set my self a time. im goimg to cook my family a roast lamb dinner .before i go in . luv the web site joxxxxxxxxxx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register