Pre-op Appt. tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op Appt. tomorrow Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

Unread 01-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

Well I have waited through 6 weeks for this appointment to find out how long I have to wait for surgery. I was told in September that I needed a hysterectomy but I had no insurance or a big bank account. So I had to apply for med aid from the state, and that took for ever so I have to have this pre-op appt. Which I don't understand because they considered the appt that my dr. told me as a pre-op and nothing has changed. I could't get the scheduler to explain why we could't just set a surgery date. I hope the surgery is soon, I don't think I can survive waiting a long time again. The past week I have had scary dreams, I am having trouble sleeping, and am just so nervous all of a sudden.

I want to say thank you to everyone on this site. Just reading others posts has answered so many questions and made me feel less of a freak. There is no one that I know that has probs like I do and so I felt really alone. I am not glad that so many other women go through this pain, but is nice not to be alone. Thanks to this site I have compiled a list of 27 questions for my dr. tomorrow. Things I didn't even think of. But I am glad to know to ask them now.

I will post tomorrow night what I find out. And update my profile. Again, thank you everyone for this site. I especially like the no b.s. answers, even if it's not what you want to hear.

Rebecca
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

Best of wishes to you......
Unread 01-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

good luck and god speed from a fellow sister. or to be as i am there. any ? just ask as there is many people here who can answer!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 06:53 AM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

I think that probably they want to see you as a safegaurd. Sometimes, in even a short amount of time, situations, personal conditions and health can change that can make a difference. I think that your dr does have your best interests at heart in being cautious.

Making a list of your questions is smart - I always need a list for anything.

Best wishes, don't forget to tell us your date when you get it.

S
Unread 01-03-2006, 06:56 AM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

Best wishes to you, hopefully you will get a date, and it will all start coming together for ya!!!!!
Unread 01-03-2006, 11:42 PM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

Thanks ladies. Well everything went fine with the appt. Dr. is 70% sure she will be able to do a TVH. I hope so I really don't want to be cut. I am obese and the complications scare me. And maybe the pain a little!! But by the time the dr. was done with me her scheduler was on lunch. So my mum and I went shopping but a snow storm came in so we went home. I will go back tomorrow morning to fill out paper work and get a date set. Dr. said 8 to 14 days. In some ways I wish it could be sooner and other ways that sounded too soon. But tonight I am in some pain and can't take anything because she wants me to clear the ibuprofin out of my system. So hurry up and bring it on!!

Rebecca
Unread 01-04-2006, 04:08 PM
Pre-op Appt. tomorrow

Well I met with the scheduler today and my surgery date is set for Jan. 12. When she first told me that, I wanted to yell no that's too soon I'm not ready!! But a few deep breathes and I was fine. Becasue I am ready. My mum asked me what do I want to do to spoil myself and celebrate when I feel well. Told her I want to go buy new undies so I can throw out all my undies because they remind me of all the times of " oh my gosh, gotta go home and change, NOW!"

Not staying on long today, have to work on my recovery room. Have it arranged just need to finish putting some stuff away. Will most likely pack most of my bag too. Can ya tell I am a bit of a get ready early freak? LOL!!

Love and thanks and prayers to eveyone,
Rebecca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register