one week from tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

one week from tomorrow one week from tomorrow

Unread 01-03-2006, 12:01 AM
one week from tomorrow

One week to go and the stress and worry is really starting to set in. I had felt pretty good for 4 or 5 days except for a bit of a cold. Tonight I am looking bloated again and I know that by tomorrow or the next day the pain will start. I don't doubt my decission but am so worried about all the things I won't be able to do after. My DH is a truck driver so there are many times that he is only home for about 6 hrs and needs to sleep. How can I expect him to do dishes, laundry, dinner, lunches ect. Alot will fall on my 16 yr old DS but he has school and work too. My 22 yr old DS said he will come help but he lives about 250 miles away and is looking for work after getting out of the Marine Corp. I don't really have anyone else to help and won't even be able to bend to feed the dog. I guess It really isn't necessary to say that I am the one who does the most around here and have a very active job. Even the thought of so much inactivity is driving me crazy. I know I need to rest to heal just needed to vent. Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 02:13 AM
one week from tomorrow

Happy New Year, Sugrmack! Yes, you will need to rest after your surgery...remember, "you have only one chance to heal properly". I don't have any suggestions except to prepare as much meals as you can now so that your son/husband can heat things up for themselves and you, too. Examples would be meat loaf prepared in a muffin tin then frozen, Lasagna freezes well, tuna salad, etc.

Best Wishes for a successful surgery and recovery!
Unread 01-03-2006, 04:02 AM
one week from tomorrow

Relax! I'm 2 weeks post op and have been making dinner for a week. Nothing fancy-but it works. My husband works nights, so sleeps during the day. I'm on my own a lot! I'm not lifting the laundry hamper, but I've done the laundry the last two weekends. I have an 18 year old and he has really stepped up. When your family sees you after the surgery, they will be more concerned about you and you should be pleasantly surprised at what good care they take of you. Most of all, if you think that your recovery will go well, it most certainly will. I'm not doing anything against the doctor's orders, but all the pre-op troubles are completely gone and I can't believe how much better I feel. I hope the same for you! Good luck and keep smiling!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 04:43 AM
one week from tomorrow

I think everybody pretty much feels that way.Things have a way of working out.My DH is also a truck driver and could not help much.My DS'S were really there for me and helped alot.I really didn't think they had it in them, but they came through.My grandma would also stop by and check on me every other day or so.Before they went off to school they would give me everything i needed and I also stocked up on T.V. dinners and soups things that were easy to fix.I was feeling really good about 2 wks. post op and just started doing little things around the house.I didn't think it was a big deal till I started bleeding.The doc. was not very happy with me.I had to be bed ridden till the bleeding stopped.Which was a few days.So relax and remember to take care of yourself.If dishes or things just start to stack up just ignore it.It's time to think about yourself so you can heal right the first time!!
Unread 01-03-2006, 06:54 AM
one week from tomorrow

Like the other ladies say, take it easy, and I am sure it will all work out. It sounds like your ds will help and you should be ok!!!! I understand your concerns, my surgery is on the 12th and my dd is in school and my dh plows snow, so if the weather is bad, he has weird hours, so I am a little nervous, but I am sure we will make it through......I know to do what I can and no more!!!!! The big guy upstairs will help us, I am sure!!!!!!
Best wishes to you, as I will be recovering right along with you!!!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register