Did you let your child come to the hospital the day of?? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Did you let your child come to the hospital the day of?? Did you let your child come to the hospital the day of??

Unread 01-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Did you let your child come to the hospital the day of??

My 3 kids (ii,9 & 5) stayed the night with a friend the day of my surgery. I homeschool so they are usually home with me. But they really wanted to stay at my friends house so it was like a mini vacation for them! DH took me to the hospital and came to visit after work that day. It's good the kids didn't come because DH said I was falling asleep talking to him! I went home the next day and so did the kids. They were very interested in the incisions and everything. I think the decision on your kids coming or not is really up to you and how you think your child will do. Hope you come to a decision you are comfortable with before the surgery. Take Care!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 09:08 PM

I meant 11 for the oldest child. Not sure why I hit ii!!!
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:23 PM

I have finally decided not to have any of the children come to visit (ages 18, 15, 12, 11, 9). As some one else pointed out there is nothing to do. Also, as a nurse I can assure you it is a very germ infested place to be. There is just not any way around that. I also believe it will be a little overwhelming for them. They are used to us mom's being the super hero's. I have assured them that I will need lot's of attention and assistance once I am home (next day I hope). They are staying with grandparents the night before and night of surgery. The hospital is 1 1/2 hours away so that really factors in. If it were closer perhaps I would think differently. I have told everyone, including my parents and friends, to stay home. I will be tired and in no mood to entertain or talk. Instead ,I have arranged special days for each to come over to spend some time with me and be helpful with some household things that will certainly need some attention. Don't be shy about asking for help....most people really like to help as it makes them feel good about themselves and reassures them and also earns a few return favors. Take care and God's blessings to all you wonderful ladies.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 10:43 PM

I have choosen to allow my children to come. Out of the responses I have the second youngest coming. 4 and 5. It will just be a visit though. My oldest is going to school. My hubby is taking that time offof work. He will be able to care for them and me when I come home. My mother in law is taking me to the hospital. My mother went psyco on me today so I dont want her help. My children have seen me in the hospital and other family members many times so Im not worried of them fearing it. Children are strong buggers when they see you are breathing and talking they are ok with it. I would definantly make her go to school that day and visit later.
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:48 PM

My 4yo came on the 3rd day when I was a little better. He only stayed for about 45 min. During that time he cuddled with me on the bed for a bit and that made him feel better. I had my 2 yo dd stay at the grandparents so she wouldn't see me that way - plus she had a cold. Good Luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register