Had my Lap | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Had my Lap

Ladies:

Happy 2006!!!

Well I had my LAP last Wed. he found a few Adh's on the bowles and very little scar tissue...He said non of this is cauing the pelvic pain, low grade fevers, cramps...So I'm back to square one...They almost would not do the LAP as my white count is up again 14,700...

Ladies I quit, its been such a long and hard year ( one year today that all this started)...So My Family doctor is going to send me to an Infec. doctor...

Also, since the lap I have more pain in the left side (that is where he put some mesh in) would that be causing some mild pain???

I hope everyone has a GOOD 2006...

Julie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 04:34 PM
Had my Lap

It certainly sounds like you have infection somewhere,
with your white count up. I have heard that the mesh
can get infected. Did your Dr. say anything about that.
I would think that would be one of the things they would
check during the lap. So sorry you are back to square
one.
Unread 01-03-2006, 04:35 PM
Had my Lap

By-the-way what is an infection Dr. or what I mean is what speciality
is that?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Had my Lap

Julie
I'm sorry the lap wasn't much help. I can relate though, I had a lap in 2002 and the doc found nada, absolutely nothing to explain my pain and other issues.

I hope the infectious disease doctor can help shed some light for you.
Unread 01-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Had my Lap

I had 2 laps looking for the cause of abdominal pain. Nothing was found as far as adhesions holding things down. I do have awful scar tissue around the bladder area. The uro/gyn punctured my bladder a little on both sides when trying to get the tvt needles through through the scar tissue. He had to retry the entry it was so bad. He didn't remove any of the scar tissue. I have figured out now that the pain is from my weak abdominal muscles( 5 abdominal surgeries) and they can't hold my back up properly. (PT and my neuro surgeon feels this is the problem)That is causing me alot of discomfort following the spinal fusion I had in the end of Oct. It is all related in that lower area. The nerves, muscles, etc. It can be very hard to find what is causing what. My nerves being compressed in my spinal column caused me the bm issues and part of my bladder problems I had since my hyst in May 2004. Keep pushing for a answer. Sooner or later you will get one. Be persistent !
Good luck
Peggy
Unread 01-04-2006, 06:02 AM
Had my Lap

Thank you Ladies for the Emails...

I just don't understand why after ONE year they can't find out what is wrong...And why by WHITE COUNT is always up and I feel like I"m sick 24/7...I Guess if it was something really bad I would be dead...

I will keep pushing for answers....My Doctor is wonderful and is really trying to help me since I went back on the PPO from the HMO...The HMO Doctors just didn't care enought to find out why....

Again, thank you
Julie
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:30 AM
Had my Lap

Julie
I am six years post op and still struggling. I just went back to work yesterday after having 10 days off for the holidays and am home sick today. My body can't seem to handle change of any kind. The same thing happened when I returned to work after being off two weeks for foot surgery.

My accupuncture doctor says that I have a very weak immune system, my body cannot handle change, like when the weather changes. I don't get sick with a cold, I just get to feeling run down, get the chills, headaches, nauseated. When my body tells me it's time to rest, I rest.

I do hope you can find some answers soon. You're not alone in your struggle for answers my friend.
Unread 01-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Had my Lap

Hi Kim:

Funny that is how I feel, when I'm home I feel ok, not great but ok....The start of the week I do ok at work, but by Friday I'm dead tired and feel awful...Wish I could quit, but I can't, need the insurance..

And today I have the cramps (But I think it might be from the LAP and him moving things around down there)...

Hope you feel better soon
Julie
Unread 01-04-2006, 05:28 PM
Had my Lap

I am the very same way. I have been reading about
chronic fatigue syndrome and this seems to be the
pattern of people who have this condition, which I am
convinced I have. I will be sort of normal and try to go
like everyone else, and that last for a few weeks, at
most, and then I'll crash. And ,too, if the weather
changes or I have a little more to do, same thing.
And of course work, and when I have a few days off
I do so much better. I have about 4 yrs before I can
retire, don't know if I can hang in that long. I also have
allergies pretty bad, which I think that goes along with
it. I think that when you have some extra problem like
surgery it really throws us for a loop.
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Had my Lap

Slt:

I know how you feel...By the end of the week I feel so sick and out of it, by Sunday I'm feeling better but then have to return to work....Like you I have many allergies so I'm seeing the Allegist next week, as my doctors can't give me any pills as I react to all of them...

Also Like you, I will go a few weeks feeling good then crash and burn for days on end....I don't know where to turn anymore....I think sometimes I'm going nuts, doctor said no I'm not...lol At least she does not think I'm crazy with all this, but then the Blood can't lie...

I hope you have a good week.

Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register