Next Monday is my day! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Next Monday is my day! Next Monday is my day!

Unread 01-03-2006, 06:36 PM
Next Monday is my day!

Well, the day is almost here! I'm scheduled for a LSH on Monday, Jan. 9th. I find myself more nervous at night than during the day.

I really appreciate the support I've been given from my "sisters". I just finished going over the "what to bring to the hospital list" and am starting to gather all my "stuff".

What an emotional rollercoaster! I have been alternately sad, angry, depressed and then finally now - accepting that I need the surgery and that I am still important even though I won't be able to have children. I am truly blessed with a loving husband whose main concern is my health - thank you God! That has made my sadness over not having children easier to work through. Do we all go through these emotional "meltdowns" before the surgery? I thought was saving my up till after the surgery

I'm thinking of my other sisters who are having their "day" this week!

Take care & Happy New Year
Mysteryluvr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 06:46 PM
Next Monday is my day!

I'm also going in for a TVH on 1/9. I'll be thinking before and after recovery that I'm not alone...there's others like me out there like you who's sending healing and caring thoughts! May God bless you and fill your life with many happy things and a quick recovery
Unread 01-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Next Monday is my day!

{{{mysteryluvr}}} yes, meltdown is quite normal,surgery is very emotional and you are about to enter a new chapter in your life. Remember to take time over the next to relax all you can and prepare to pamper yourself during your recovery. Give your DH a and continue to count your blessings. Good luck to you! 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 07:12 PM
Next Monday is my day!

Hey same day here also. Good luck to you and God Bless!
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:22 PM
Next Monday is my day!

Best wishes and prayers for calmness and healing! I am finding that I'm doing lots of things without thinking...today I started the dishwasher (there was only 1 glass and a plate in it).. almost backed out of the garage without opening it... It's amazing how our health issues and surgery fears can really affect us. Hang in there.. the waiting is almost over!!
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:25 PM
Next Monday is my day!

I understand exactly how you are feeling, I was terrified till 4am the morning of surgery. It helped to have my husband, parents and sister there, then my Pastor and his wife came in last to see me. Everyone was very nice and the nurses were terrific. Mine turned out not to be the horrible experience I had been expecting for 2 months. I praise God He held my hand all the way.
Prayer cover over you!
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:29 PM
Next Monday is my day!

I am also having mine done on the 9th. I am having a TAH along with some other repairs. I have a grade 4 cystocele. I have known my date for over three months and I have had too long to think about it. some days I can't wait for it to be over and other days I wonder what I am doing and if it is the right thing. I wish you all the best and a very good recovery.

Darlene
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:41 PM
Next Monday is my day!

I'm scheduled for Friday. Tomorrow is my pre-op. I couldn't sleep a wink last night, and today was a total waste. I couldn't seem to focus on anything. Started many things and didn't finish anything until nearly 8pm, when I got it all done. Gearing up for another night of no sleep I suppose.

I have one pill left to help me sleep that was prescribed by my regular doctor. Thinking I will take it tonight.

I haven't packed a thing. I'll probably pack a small bag that morning. My surgery is scheduled for noon.

I'm have a LAVH for abnormal bleeding/thickened uterine lining and the removal of my right ovary because of a complex cyst.

I could have waited until February, but I'm glad I didn't; I'm in more pain now. I opted for hysterectomy over ablation.
Unread 01-03-2006, 07:44 PM
Blessings and good wishes

I'm not going in till the 12th but I am wishing all of you the very best and a speedy recovery. Gosh, It's so good to know I am not just being flaky forgetting things and just "going through the motions" I had to giggle at the dishwasher thing. That is SO how I am these past few days. I went to Walmart and bought a new pair of jeans and when I got to the checkout I realized I did not have my purse ! yep, left it in the dressing room. I NEVER do stuff like that. Fortunatly it was still hanging there. I felt like such a boob.
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:16 PM
Next Monday is my day!

You guys are great! Thanks for all the prayers...we can't have too many of those I can't believe that so many of us are sharing our "day and week"! I'll be thinking of you!

Isn't it weird what stuff you think you'll need - for some reason I packed dental floss. Now, I don't think I'll be caring about flossing right after the surgery- but just in case, I'll be ready..ha!

Any advice on what to eat the night before? My doctor said not to eat or drink anything after mid-night. I want to be sure I don't get sick...

Thinking about my hystersisters!
mysteryluvr

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register