Going in on the 12th ( bless this site) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going in on the 12th ( bless this site) Going in on the 12th ( bless this site)

Unread 01-03-2006, 07:34 PM
Going in on the 12th ( bless this site)

I can not tell you how much finding this site has meant to me. I am getting so nervous but it has been much better since finding the Hystersisters. I already ordered 2 books and I am crossing my fingers they get here before I go in. I'm having a TVH / BSO that's what it says on the paper anyway . I'm not sure what the BSO stands for. I just know everything is coming out. I am already setting things aside to pack ( tips I got from all of you) I will be alone durring the day after I come home. well part of it my daughter gets out of school at 2:30 she's 18 so I know she will be a big help. Hubby they have scheduled to go out of town on some training thing but depending on how I am he may have someone else go. I have numerous animals that I know I will need to let in and out durring the day but I will go slow and I have the main floor set up for me for recovery. I even have the computer in the dining room temporarily.
They say not to go up and down stairs so I guess I will be sleeping on the couch for a bit. I guess everyone is different and I just won't know till that time comes. Sorry, I'm rambling due to being nervous I suppose. I smoke , not a whole lot but that's going to be a tough one. I asked if I could wear a niccotine patch today and the nurse said to try and reach the anesteologist and ask if that would be okay , somehow I'm thinking no but I will ask. Thank you all for being here I'm free to chat if anyone else also feels nervous and I imagine I will be able to get online for a little bit each day after I get home. I just worry that I might overdo it so I know I need to be careful. I'm used to being very active (We our renovating our entire house) Well, I do know that will be on hold for a bit , no dragging old plaster walls out to the dumpster for me ! We are almost done anyway. we have been working on it for 3 years. If anyone ever needs to know about anything on re-doing something in your home just ask. Most likely I have done it and we have learned so much along the way. We have done floors, walls, ceilings, electrical, plumbing, windows,insulating, all of it. We have bascially rebuilt the whole house. It looks so much nicer now. it was bulit in 1933 so you can only imagine. Have a wonderful evening everyone. Hang tight , each and every one of us is going to get through this. It's nice not to have to do it alone.

Deb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 08:09 PM

Deb!

We are so glad you found HysterSisters! It is an awesome place where the support and s are never-ending!

BSO stands for Bilateral Salpingo oophorectomy. This involves the removal of both ovaries and of both tubes. The removal of ovaries is most often recommended when the ovaries are diseased. Removal of ovaries will throw you into surgical menopause which may result in hormonal unbalance.

You might find Pre-Op Articles helpful as you prepare.

Your house sounds great and I know you have enjoyed all of the work you've put into it! Best wishes for an uneventful surgery and recovery!

s, Deb
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:22 PM

Thanks so much for the explanation of BSO and thank you for the wishes and hugs. One of the boks I ordered was Sudden Menopause, I knew both ovaries were coming out I just didn't realize that was what the BSO was. I will let everyone know how it goes at the castle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2006, 08:45 PM

Deb, I know how you feel. I am going in on the 12th also. I have no idea what the initials are,but I am having a total hysterectomy with "possiblely taking out the ovaries". I have been a wreck. Don't have anything ready. My family doesn't understand what is the "big deal". My husband has to take my daughter out of town 2 days after the surgery. Enough of me, you are going to be ok. You are already, and I'll say a prayer for you. Mine is at noon. Take care.......Dana
Unread 01-03-2006, 08:56 PM

Dana, my prayers are with you also. I'm sorry hubby is not more supportive. makes this website even more appreciated I bet. We all know it IS a big deal. Due the best you can to try and relax these next few days ( I know, easy to say, not so easy to do ) Maybe a nice hot buble bath? Please feel free to email me if you want to chat. No one has to do this alone. I just read a tip about getting TV dinners in the house ahead of time. I do a lot of cooking for my family. Though TV dinners are not the best it will make it easier on them and it is something I can do easily durring the day for myself with out having a lot of clean up.Paper plates too ! Maybe your doc could have a nice casual chat with hubby ? Just to let him know. I will be thinking of you on the 12th Dana.

Deb
Unread 01-03-2006, 11:40 PM

Hi Ladies,

You can find a list of HysterSisters Abbreviations here. I hope that helps!

s and

Deb
Unread 01-04-2006, 05:02 AM

I thank the Lord for this site also.I only wish every woman having a hyster. could find this site.It is truly a blessing.

It really came in handy for me as well.I also had a TVH, but I kept my ovaries.They were fine no need to remove them.I got myself a little notebook to write down all the good advice that i got from this site.It really helped out alot.Some things you just forget with time, and those pain pills really make you forget.

Even when I felt that I would lose it, my little notebook became my friend.I look back now on some of the things that I wrote down and realize that I made it through just fine.

So will you, just hang in there!I know everybody says it, but waiting is really the worst part.You might even want to take a notebook to the hospital also, to write down everything the doc. tells you to do when you get home.The T.V. dinners are a great idea.Some times I would have to be alone and it was so easy just to pop it in the microwave.I also got one of those grabber tools, that really came in handy also when I was alone.
Unread 01-04-2006, 06:59 AM

Hi There!!!! My TAH is on the 12th as well!!!!! I have endometriosis on bladder wall and on ovaries!!!!! Best wishes to you, I totally understand how you feel, my family has been very understanding, but still don't really grasp the severity of it.....I think we will be fine though, can't wait to be pain free!!!!!
You will be in my prayers!!!! Feel free to private message me anytime!!!
Love and prayers,
Barb
Unread 01-04-2006, 09:41 AM

When I go in I am thinking that telling the doc and the hospital about this site might be a good thing. Thanks for the link Deb.

My hubby and daughter are being pretty supportive although I do think my hubby was very glad I found this site as I was making him a bit crazy My husband can get called out of town at any time and sometimes gets calls at 3am ( those are always fun! ) He is with Homeland Security. They have him down in Phoenix right now and he called last night to say they need him to stay an extra day. All we can do is cross our fingers and say a little prayer that he will be here for when I go in. NO drug smugglers or other bad guys allowed the week of the 12th ! (grin) The one good thing about this tiny town is my doctor ( not my OB doing the surgery ) my regular one , I can call him at home on the weekend if something is wrong. Heck if Dave got called out, he would probably come over and take me to the hospital ( LOL ) that's just the way the folks are here so it's pretty comforting and I'm blessed.
Unread 01-04-2006, 10:02 AM

my TAH i booked for the 12th aswell, so i wish you good luck and best wishes getting better afterwards.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register