Surgery Scheduled for January 26th - Questions! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery Scheduled for January 26th - Questions! Surgery Scheduled for January 26th - Questions!

Unread 01-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Surgery Scheduled for January 26th - Questions!

Melanie:

Thanks for the info. I'm pretty much the same way. I was doing good until I got the date last Friday and then it really hit home, this is really going to happen! I keep reading this site each night when I get home from work and have found such great information. I have days when I just want it over with and then days with pure panic! My period will be coming again on Sunday and I'm sure after next week I will want it over with. I'm so tired of living like this. I can't believe our dates are so close together. I wish you the best of luck with your surgery as well! Take Care!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 05:16 PM

Mary:

Thanks for the advice. Take Care!
Unread 01-05-2006, 05:21 PM

Rachel:

Wow, what a story! It's amazing to me that so many young women have to deal with all of this. The more I read I think I will have my cervix removed as well, just because of my past history. I would rather get it over with at once rather than to keep having surgery after surgery. I will keep my ovaries as long as the doctor says it's okay. Good Luck to you in the future and thanks for the advice and sharing your story with me!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 05:58 PM

Chris,
You're more than welcome. My hopes in sharing my story is that young women out there realize that they are not alone and that there is someone out there that understands what a life altering "thing" this is. It amazes me too how many women have these problems. It makes my heart ache for them and you. My thoughts and prayers are with you, truly!
Rachel
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:16 PM

I am having my LAVH on 1/19/06 and am only being left with my right ovary. It seems to be the better of the two. To start with all of this, my hormones are so off right now it's making me miserable. I have hormonal migraines every day and speaking of them, I have had one since 8 this morning and can't get rid of it. My testosterone is 142 (should be under 82 for a 26 yr. old) so my Doc decided to keep at least one ovary to give me some hormones until we can get it all worked out. He'd rather me come back at a later time and have the remaining ovary removed laprascopically. Sure easier said than done I'm sure, but it'll be less stress on my body. Looking here I see a lot of women who have had D & C's and they basically not work. I had one on 11/10 along with a laprascopy, cystoscopy, hysteroscopy & the D & C, and I am back at square 1. I've had 3 so called "periods" since then. I had bled all over the shower on Christmas Eve and that was my breaking point. With every period I have, it makes the endo worse. My ovaries seem to keep having the cyst prob too. During this last round of surgery there were polyps everywhere. I am having my cervix removed also due to precancerous cells (met stage 3 dysplasia) After having a CT Scan done, they found the fluid in my uppper pelvis and a cyst like form near my liver. On top of that my hormones are causing goiters on my thryoid. Sad, but I have to prioritize my health issues. I am one of the lucky ones who have already had 2 beautiful girls 8 & 4. Best wishes to all and know that there is a higher power looking out for all of us.....

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register