Any suggestions for make ahead meals??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any suggestions for make ahead meals??? Any suggestions for make ahead meals???

Unread 01-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Any suggestions for make ahead meals???

Hello sisters,

I am going in to the castle later on this month and I would like to prepare some meals for my family before I go to freeze. Does anyone have suggestions? I have a picky teenage boy and a not-so-picky pre-teen boy and a husband who comes home from work so hungry he'll eat just about anything that is put in front of him!!

Thank so much!

christine
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2006, 07:20 PM

OOOOO, I did groceries for a month! Frozen pizzas, those "sidekicks" mashed potatoes or pastas----hardly any prep there, canned soups and crackers, easy to unthaw chicken and canned fish. Pizza pops, on and on. ANYTHING EASY! They did pretty good too! Good luck!
Unread 01-04-2006, 07:30 PM
Food for you and yours

If you enjoy cooking I've got a few recipes for freezable casserole dishes that are easy and even though they have veggies most teenage boys love them because of the tons of cheese! Just drop me an email. Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2006, 08:33 PM

diohall,

I would love the recipes, but I do not know how to access your e-mail address! Could you help? Thanks.
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:43 PM

great cookbook called "Don't Panic - It's in the Freezer" has recipes that they have already doubled, tripled, ect. I made 9 meals on Monday
You won't find in a bookstore, but a friend found on Ebay.
Unread 01-04-2006, 11:50 PM

I went to this place called Dinners Ready. You pick from their menu, then they have everything portioned and ready for you. All you have to do is put the meals togather. I made twelve meals in about one and a half hours then took them home and put them in the frezzer and now I have twelve yummy dinners ready to be defrosted and all I have to do is put them in the oven. You should see if you have anything like this in your area.
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:10 AM

Hi Christine,

Lasagna, savoury mince, beef stroganoff, curried chicken, home made pies, pizza and even those frozen pre-packaged meals. Most of these can be served with rice, pasta, salad and hot chips which made them easy to prepare and serve up. The family could even do this.

Goodluck and I hope you have a speedy recovery...........Karen
Unread 01-05-2006, 09:25 AM

I am stocking up on easy stuff for my dh or myself to prepare Chef Boy Ardee Ravioli, soups, easy mac, fish stick, frozen pizzas, and a roast. Also, I am planning on preparing a lasagna, beef stroganoff, Mexican lasagna, and meatloaf. Maybe freeze some spaghetti sauce too. I am going to stock up on the cheap containers that you can freeze and cook in so cleanup should be a breeze. Also, going to use a lot of paperplates and I might even buy some paper cups.
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:38 PM

ckn divan. baked ziti. lasagna. freeze sauce etc. If you have a wegmans supermarket near you they have gourmet frozen meals that are right from their menu magazine . they are a little pricy but the convenience is great, or you could make the recipie from the magazine and double it .

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register