Pre-op today, Can't stop crying | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op today, Can't stop crying Pre-op today, Can't stop crying

Unread 01-05-2006, 07:08 AM
Pre-op today, Can't stop crying

I am such a mess. How am I possibly going to ask questions and remember answers. I am taking my son with me(he is 25, and so great for helping me). I don't know if they will let him in with me to hear some of the question/answer part. I know for sure I am having an ultrasound today, but I am not sure what else they will do today. Also, I was so nervous last night about this I can't even imagine the night before surgery. I suffer from fibroids(very, very painful, and very painful monthly periods). I am trying to think of the positive aspects...i.e..NO MORE PERIODS, NO MORE PAIN. They have me going in as an outpatient. I want to stay in the hospital for a day or so. I am going to ask the dr. today if that will be possible, I am hoping if he agrees, that I will be a little less stressed out. I lost my Mom, whom I was very close to 3 years ago, and boy do I NEED HER NOW!! I was diagnosed with depression so I have issues with that, and also High Blood Pressure. Last night I thought I was going to have a heart attack (don't mean to sound so traumatic), but Please, any advice would be grateful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 07:20 AM

Mary....pls try and think positve, like u say NO MORE PERIODS, NO MORE PAIN" that is one of the reasons why we have to go through this and as u can see U are not alone. We are here for you every step. I just joined last month and the hugs and prayers are so welcoming . I want to pass them onto you BUT still trying to master this site...forgive me !!! Please let me know how it goes. It is good u have ur son to be there with you....dont wry about not remembering..they give information on pamphlet as well. It is not that bad...I have that pre-op b4....NOW....take a deep breath and release it slowly.....and then smile...u will get through it ! ))
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:40 AM

Hi Mary

You CAN do it - we women are warriors!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 07:42 AM

Hi Mary9921

I understand how really scary and stressful this whole experience can be. What a blessing you have in your dear son who is so willing to be there for you.

I wrote all of my questions down on paper. I do this at all of my Dr's appointments too. I am the worst at remembering anything. I also take a pen to write down the answers. Maybe your son would be willing to write answers down for you and help with the questions?

Let your Dr know you are not sleeping, maybe he will be able to help you out in some way with that.

Here's a big for you. Let us know how your visit goes.

Kay
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:51 AM

You sound so stressed. This is going to benefit you. There are lots of women including myself that have high blood pressure and have hysterectomies. Just be sure to maintain your meds before surgery. Express all of your concers to your doctor and during your pretesting that is what this time is for. We are all here for you.
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:57 AM

Hey, Mary! Hugs to you!! You'll make it through this!!
I too have high blood pressure and am on meds. I had no problems with surgery.
Did you check out the pre-op questions on this website? They were very helpful to me. I typed up a list of questions for my dr and she answered every one!
Good luck and keep us posted.

Judy
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:38 AM

Don't worry. I have high blood pressure and have been on medication for 15 years. It was not a problem during or after my surgery. Relax, I know it's scary, I was too. After the surgery, I realized that I should have done it years ago. I had fibroids also. Immediately after I woke up and looked down at my stomach, I was so pleased!!! Say your prayers, and look forward to life without the bloody mess. You'll be so much better, promise.
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:43 AM

mary-
I'm so sorry that you are stressing. This is a stressful time. I agree with the other ladies - write down your questions in advance, and use the pre-op questions from this website as a guide. When I got overwhelmed, I asked my partner to be my "scribe" and make sure that all the questions got answered and that all the answers got written down because I was just too stressed to do it. Maybe your son can do that? By all means, he should be allowed to be with you when you meet with the doctor. And let the doc know how stressed you are so that he/she can help you with that. My surgery was postponed, but the week before, I started a low level of sedation to stay calm and to sleep. Hang in there and take care of yourself!
Julie
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:44 AM

I am sorry you are so stressed. Wish I could give you some of my calmness(is that a word?! ) I stressed the week before surgery, but for my preop the day before surgery, I was pretty calm, and the day of surgery I was fine. You are doing what is best for you, it will be fine. Maybe your doctor can give you something to relax you. You will be fine!

Sending calm thoughts to you!
Unread 01-05-2006, 08:46 AM

Hi Mary9921
I to have high blood pressure. Had my hyst. Dec. 13th. I had Severe endo. All over everything..bowels..kidneys..bladder..liver..you name it it was on it. I was so looking forward to my surgery day. My husband was a wreck but I was fine. No More Pain..I had ALOT of internal work done besides the hyst. and yes I was sore for awhile but you will be fine I'm sure of it.You have this board with all of us here.
THINK POSITIVE THOUGHTS

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register