Just got back from pre-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just got back from pre-op Just got back from pre-op

Unread 01-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Just got back from pre-op

Hi ladies!!!! I guess every experience is a little different, depending on where you live and who your doctor is........Today was my pre-op appointment, and all they did was the basics, blood pressure, weight, height, a million questions........But no blood work, no urine test!!!! Also, the best thing for me.......NO BOWEL PREP for me!!!!!! I was soooo happy about that!!!!! I was getting nervous about having to do a bowel prep.!!!! I run to the bathroom when I am nervous already, so I was glad not to have to add to it!!! Best wishes to all the other ladies in waiting!!!! Can't wait for next Thursday, I am happy and nervous, all in the same breath!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 12:19 PM

Hi
I wish I was that lucky with out having to have a prep. My sugery is tomorrow (1/6) I am really not THRILLED over this part of it.
Good luck with your surgery
Julie
Unread 01-05-2006, 12:20 PM

Barb,
Glad To Hear All Went Well With Your Pre-op. I Also Got The "no Bowel Prep" Go Ahead And Was Extremely Relieved. Because All That I Had To Do Was Answer Questions, Mine Was Actually Done Over The Phone Yesterday, I Didn't Even Have To Go In. I Can Tell You My Nerves Are Absolutely Shot Right Now And I Still Have 10 Days To Go. I Know How It Is To Be Excited And Nervous At The Same Time. Here's Keeping Our Fingers Crossed, That We Do As Well As Some Of The Women Who Have Posted On Here To Have Had "no Problems".
Kit
Kris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 12:23 PM

Thanks ladies, for the responses, look forward to talking to both of you in post-op!!!!!!!
Unread 01-05-2006, 01:42 PM

I had my pre-op phone call yesterday; lots of questions! I go in on the 11th for blood and urine testing and that's it. No bowel prep for me either! YAHOO
Unread 01-05-2006, 01:51 PM

The nurse said that the morning of the surgery, when you are prepped, that is when they do blood work, and basically, all they do is a pregnancy test.......But maybe that is just in my case, because not even a year ago I was in for a tubal and an ablasian...But, none the less, I am happy about it!!!!!
Unread 01-05-2006, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2438

Hi ladies!!!! I guess every experience is a little different, depending on where you live and who your doctor is........Today was my pre-op appointment, and all they did was the basics, blood pressure, weight, height, a million questions........But no blood work, no urine test!!!! Also, the best thing for me.......NO BOWEL PREP for me!!!!!! I was soooo happy about that!!!!! I was getting nervous about having to do a bowel prep.!!!! I run to the bathroom when I am nervous already, so I was glad not to have to add to it!!! Best wishes to all the other ladies in waiting!!!! Can't wait for next Thursday, I am happy and nervous, all in the same breath!!!!!

Thats great to hear! I think waiting is the hardest part of this whole thing. Im just keepin myself bz. ( not that its hard to do with 4 kids )
I wish u all the best for ur upcoming date !!!
Unread 01-05-2006, 02:10 PM

Thank you karebare!!!! Same to you!!!!!
I bet you keep busy with 4 kids, I keep busy with one!!!!!
Unread 01-05-2006, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2438
The nurse said that the morning of the surgery, when you are prepped, that is when they do blood work, and basically, all they do is a pregnancy test.......But maybe that is just in my case, because not even a year ago I was in for a tubal and an ablasian...But, none the less, I am happy about it!!!!!
Nope, not just you, not too long ago a member's surgery was cancelled right there (just before going into surgery)because her pregnancy test was positive! :wowee: THAT was close!
My blood work was done at the pre-op the week before.
Glad to hear you're in good "spirits"! The pre-op helped me a great deal also! I felt very calm after leaving!
Unread 01-05-2006, 02:35 PM
Same surgery date!

Hi! We have the same surgery date. I had my pre-op with dr. on Tues. but I have to go for a pre-op at hosp on Mon. Blood draw and paper work. And I am so jealous, I have to do the whole bowel prep. UGH!! Bm's already cause pain and bleeding so I am kinda nervous of the day of cleansing!!

Good luck and God's blessings,
Rebecca

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register