adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:05 PM
adenomyosis

Hi ladies I have been diagnosed with adenomyosis and pelvic relaxation. I here everyone talking about swelly belly post surgery. Has anyone looked pregnant before surgery? I wonder will it get worse before it gets better. also Has anyone had back problems pre surgery I am afraid that i will not be able to sit stand or otherwise. I know iam fretting about nothing, but I am in pain everyday from nerve damage and herniated discs in my spine and neck. can someone relate?
Thanx
celticd
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 03:18 PM
adenomyosis

Oh yes! I totally had a big bump there! Looked pregnant for sure! I was catching people looking there all the time! Couldn't stand it! I also had adeno and my uterus was large and hard. It caused me cramping every day, it was even hard to void. It was awful! After my surgery my "bump" .......was gone! Yay! I had a tvh and no, I did NOT have any "swelly belly".
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:25 PM
adenomyosis

meatball thanks for letting me know that. I couldnt close my jeans the other day and I know I didnt gain weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 03:27 PM
adenomyosis

You're welcome. It will just keep growing my dr said. Like IT has become a big "fibroid" itself.
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:28 PM
adenomyosis

I had wondered what was going on with my belly for a long time, thought for sure I was going to look preggy forever. The droopy c-sect roll was one thing, but the upper bulge really drives me nuts. I look at after preg. pics and I had no where near the bulge. It started growing about 3 years ago and hasn't stopped. Will it really go away after hyst?
I know my uterus is even larger than they think cuz I swear I can feel it sitting on bladder and rectum, and the back pain is there even on a fabulous day.
Celtic,, you have every right to fret, cry, stomp your feet and just plain feel crappy. The only thing that changed since your diagnosis is your pain has a few new names.
What does your doc think they want to do? Have you tried other stuff?
b/c? lupron? ablation? I've done Lupron, the others were not options for me.
Keep us posted on whats going on, and vent anytime you want. It makes a girl feel good when she can answer questions or offer support.
hugs,
Donna
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:30 PM
adenomyosis

There is no cure for adenomyosis. Only hysterectomy.
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:33 PM
adenomyosis

You said it sister, I looked for months and never saw anything that didn't mention hysterectomy . I will except it and move on.
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:39 PM
adenomyosis

meatball
thank you again I am finally starting to relax. I am going to see the dr on mon 9 of Jan. He will schedule surgery then. I dont know if they will do it right there or will they call me later. It is good to know there are people with the same problems out there. most people I talk to have never heard of adenomyosis. This sight is a godsend and I found it at just the right time.
celticd
Unread 01-05-2006, 03:52 PM
adenomyosis

wikedlee
Everything I have read about adenomyosis usually says hysterectomy That is how Ifound this sight. My dr didnt suggest hormones because I never did well on birth controll To many migraines. I guess he didnt think I would react very well to these hormones either. I sometimes feel like stomping my feet , but am trying not to let my children get to upset. They got very upset after my car accident 3 yrs ago and their schoolwork was affected . hope it dosent happen again when I go for surgery.
celticd
ps my name is donna also
Unread 01-05-2006, 04:09 PM
adenomyosis

Hi there! I too have been diagnosed with Adenomyosis and today 6th jan 06 is my d-day for surgery.. in fact, I only have one and a half hours before I have to go to the hospital.. am very nervous and just want to get it done now so I can move on with my life.

I too have the back ache and hope that it disappears after surgery, my dr has advised me that it will so I am looking forward to that!

I just wanted to let my fellow sisters know how I am feeling today and as soon as I get home I will log on to tell you all how I am doing!

Pip

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register