adenomyosis - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-05-2006, 04:10 PM
adenomyosis

I am believed to have adenomyosis, along with endometriosis and PCOS. My stomach keeps swelling constantly, so much that I am getting stretch marks and I do look pregnant. By the end of the day my back is hurting from what I am thinking the extra belly weight that I am hauling around. I am now having to wear my fat pants and panties and am becoming concerned, because I was planning to wear those after my surgery, now I am probably going to have to get some larger ones. I am wondering though, with my belly swelling so much now, how could it swell even more after surgery?

My name is Donna too :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 04:37 PM
adenomyosis

good luck wit your surgery I will keep you in my prayers
Unread 01-05-2006, 04:46 PM
adenomyosis

Iwish I could answer that question. I have been wondering the same thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-05-2006, 05:11 PM
adenomyosis

Wow - I can't believe how many people have been diagnosed with adenomyosis. Before I was diagnosed with it Nov 2005 I had never heard of it!

My experience with it has been that I was gaining weight and looked pregnant. Had awful periods and pain for weeks at a time. Doctors would prescribe birth control, HRT or tell me I was a mystery! I was so thankful when the doctor I went to in November was agressive and didn't tell me that it was because of my age. What I have found out since is that the BC and HRT do not solve the problem and for me actually made me feel worse when I stopped taking them.

Since my surgery (about 5 weeks) I have had NO back pain, NO migraines and my legs become swollen (before my surgery they would become so swollen it was hard to walk). I told him yesterday at my post op that he was my hero! I feel like a new person and am so thankful to finally feel good again.

As far as the clothes go, my pj bottoms worked great. I did buy sweat pants so that I didn't have anything on my stomach (the thought of pants with a zipper was a little more than I wanted to handle

I too am so thankful for this site! The people on here are fabulous and the knowledge helps to put my mind at ease!

Good luck shepscotty! You'll do great - let us know when you are "on the other side"

Let me know if you have any other concerns/questions. I'll be glad to help!
Unread 01-05-2006, 06:56 PM
adenomyosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatball
There is no cure for adenomyosis. Only hysterectomy.
My oldest sister, who also had adenomyosis, had very good success with the procedure (not sure what it's called) where they burn the lining of the uterus.
She is one of the lucky ones because it did work.
Unread 01-05-2006, 07:16 PM
adenomyosis

endometrial ablation is the procedure how did you feel after the rectocele repair I too have to get this repair done with cystocele as well.
Unread 01-05-2006, 09:23 PM
adenomyosis

My first posting....I have been suffering with ademoyosis for over a decade (diagnosed 5 years ago) and I have finally resigned myself to a LSH (newish....anyone had one ?). My surgery will be Feb. 1 and I have all the usual concerns. I hope I have made the right decision as menopause is also another cure for this disease however it just isn't happening for me yet!
Unread 01-06-2006, 03:47 AM
adenomyosis

Hi there! I had ademoyosis but didn't know until after surgery as it was discovered during surgery along with the estensive endometriosis. I hadn't heard of it until then! Everything I have seen - here mostly seems to agree that Hyst is the best option. I was always swollen during the frequent periods I had- and weighed several pounds extra too. I am still swollen but look forward to not being at sometime before too long. Good luck.
Marion
Unread 01-06-2006, 04:36 PM
adenomyosis

Pat cat I just logged on and found your message. I was given every medication under the sun . I never took them. because I was pregnant when I had the accident. Ihave C3-4.4-5. L3-4. L4-5. L5-S1. I am very nervous about my surgery for which I dont have a date as of yet. The nerve damage i have scares me because I have the same symptoms that I have heard some ladies speak of post surgery. Thjhe chiropracter has helped a lot with my back and keeping me off ppain meds except advil here and there
Unread 01-06-2006, 09:58 PM
adenomyosis

I was diagnosed with adeno after a laparoscopy. I had really never heard the word adenomyosis before. What types of symptom do you other princesses with adeno experience? My uterus in enlarged and off to the left. I have left abdominal pain (the reason for the lap to begin with). I also have heavy periods and a feeling like everything is gonna just fall right out down there. Any other sisters have these symptoms?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register